7m suicide

How many of you have thought about killing your GE?

• Yes...but if others knew this it would count as premeditation; shh.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • No, not really. I've never been bothered by it.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Hell no, I wouldn't think of killing that beast of an engine!

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • it blew on its own :(

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
tekdeus said:
If only Mk2's came with turbo 7m's and Mk3's came with 2J's!

Poo on that, the 5M makes a fine turbo engine. Don't know why Toyota gipped us when they had the M-TEU in the Celica XX. :icon_conf

7MGTEs were made to accomodate the turbo wanting 5M crowd :evil2:

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
Clip said:
haha, justin, you serious? sounds like i can have some fun now.

yea, i serouisly tried to blow it for shits, i'v rev it to 6k and keep revving for a while, and i did this alot, nothing happened, it still Ran VERY good. dropped the clutch alot, hit the rev limiter alot, everything i threw at it and it held up, i didnt keep my foot on the pedal for an hour, that woulda poped it, but i did in 15 sec Spirts. maybe cuz my motor was built by god himself. me.... lol :biglaugh:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
CryoSlash said:
you're not stayign stock :icon_surp

I just dont know!!! Part of me wants to Turbo it the other part of me wants to leave it alone. If I GTE it it will be done classy!! Stock bodied, 18's and a short drop. Time will tell I have a house to buy first!!!! :icon_bigg

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
I ran my NA till it blew and while it ran I did what I could with it. A 150mph top speed run killed it, and it was a very hollow death. I wasn't upset cuz it died doing what I wanted it to, but I was really enjoying the power and reliability it had as I had just finished all the engine work about 2 weeks earlier. It is missed, but it's hard to compare to the 1jz :)