7m rear engine conversion MUST SEE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
"so am I putting the motor in right?"

HAHAHAHA some mexican friends got a rod knock in there 7m (surprising right!) admitted to running it low on oil :biglaugh: anyhow they got the motor out of the engine bay and took oil pan off to find it didnt have rod knock but welded rod bearings! so car was brought over to metaphsycos house and i assisted in pulling the engine. well i thought ok and look under the hood. well nothing there :nono: lol i was then notified its in the trunk! HOW THE FUCK DO U DO THAT!? so long story short there was a spare block metaphysco had and he put rod bearings in it and basically rebuilt the bottom. and i got to learn to do rod bearings :biglaugh:
IMG_20120122_121054.jpg

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Some mexican friends got a rod knock in there 7m (surprising right!)
Is that sarcasm, does being Mexican have something to do with having rod knock? Just wondering if I'm going to have rod knock soon.

- from my HTC Evo Shift

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
A. Jay;1796720 said:
Is that sarcasm, does being Mexican have something to do with having rod knock? Just wondering if I'm going to have rod knock soon.

- from my HTC Evo Shift

Why didn't someone warn me about the mexican rod knock of Dooom im screwed...

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
wait, so my 7m shouldnt ever get rod knock cause im white?:runaway: then why did i go threw all the trouble of the JZ for nothing then.. wow.. epic failure

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Actually, Caucasian 7m's can rodknock;
It's just call 'cracker rattle'.

And Mexican Supra's CAN jump over border fences- That's HOW they get rodknock in the first place.
Hitting a fencepost with your oilpan in midair can crush the pickup tube, causing oil starvation, and the ensuing rodknock.
See Wikipedia- also referred to as 'CanCun Knievel Knock'.
(bet you just pronounced knock as 'Kinock')

Aaannd....I'm just waiting here for the mods to come clean up this sewer of a thread....

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
lithium14;1797348 said:
LOL. I am proof that Asians get rod knock too... quite the interracial bug we have here.

Asian rod knocks: They happen because your dipstick is too small to actually read the oil level.

Status
Not open for further replies.