7M Prepped Rods or Eagle Forged Rods

red91turbo

Feb 24, 2006
Houston, Texas
I have a question...Has anyone used or know anyone using the Eagle rods for the 7MGTE? I am in the process of rebuilding the motor and want to know which of the above would be a better choice. I plan on running between 550 - 600 horsepower when it is all said and done. Here is a list of what will be going in the block.

Wiseco Pistons .20 over
Wiseco Rings, Pins, and Locks
Clevite 77 bearings (Main, Rod, and Thrust Washers)
All ARP Hardware
ARP Head Studs
New Oil Pump
All new seals and gaskets.

Any and all information or help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

Yeahdoug

Jun 3, 2005
Rochester Hills, MI
i'm using eagles with cp pistons. Everyone I've talked to that have actually ran them really have no complaints. The domestic/mustang guys make 1000+ hp with them. They might need to be resized a little but that isn't to expensive or hard if your doing it yourself like me. You will be fine with Eagles in the 500-600 whp range.

btw Manley rods are rebadged Eagles.

NeoJester

Banned
May 2, 2005
Emo
eagle rods arent straight bolt ons they need to be machined before going in. if u put them straight in your block is when you have problems, and anything negative ive seen that was the persons problem

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
NeoJester said:
eagle rods arent straight bolt ons they need to be machined before going in. if u put them straight in your block is when you have problems, and anything negative ive seen that was the persons problem
why is this? what problems does it creat and why is this? thank god i found this before they showed up and got sent to the motor builder btw they come tomarrow lol.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
whenmunkysfly said:
why is this? what problems does it creat and why is this? thank god i found this before they showed up and got sent to the motor builder btw they come tomarrow lol.
could someone tell me why this is because i need to let my builder now so i can tell him what to do

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I make over 400rwhp on pump gas and over 500rwhp on race gas. Been running like this for about 2 years on stock internals.

I would go with the eagle rods although someone mentioned them having standard rodbolts that are a little too small.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
could someone please tell me where and why the h-beams have to be machined im waiting on an answer befor i take the engine to the guy so i can tell him exactly what i need.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
whenmunkysfly said:
could someone please tell me where and why the h-beams have to be machined im waiting on an answer befor i take the engine to the guy so i can tell him exactly what i need.

Have them looked over to ensure that they are within specs. No one said that there was mandatory machine work required.

*Edit, no one that has first hand experience with them said that they require machine work.

N

NDBoost

so theoretically speaking..

Im doing a rebuild as well. Im shooting for the 400-500whp range. I've been contemplating on going with new stock ceramic treated pistons and stock rods with clevite bearings and ARP Hardware.

To save a bit of money, and from what i've read and heard that setup will hold into the 500-600whp range.

Anyone have any idea on the likely hood of that being reliable?

Yeahdoug

Jun 3, 2005
Rochester Hills, MI
MRSUPRA said:
I make over 400rwhp on pump gas and over 500rwhp on race gas. Been running like this for about 2 years on stock internals.

I would go with the eagle rods although someone mentioned them having standard rodbolts that are a little too small.

Eagle rods now use 3/8" cap screws.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
rakkasan said:
Have them looked over to ensure that they are within specs. No one said that there was mandatory machine work required.

*Edit, no one that has first hand experience with them said that they require machine work.
thank you