7M powered 135 trap speed with Video

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
This is Cliftons 7MGTE 240 Z.

Admittedly he is not a drag racer but this speed was still good enough for fastest speed of the night for "Street driven imports" and $500 bucks.

He was nice enough to let me run it at the end of the night, as my car is still up in the air (literally). I launched a little better, but (here come the excuses) its not my car, and it started getting away from me in second and I let out of it twice I think, and it was my first time ever dragracing. I got 128 @ 12.17 (I think) I didnt know where they handed out the tickets and the closed the booth before I could get back there. My run was the 5th to last, for the night. Also Clifton told me to watch out for 3rd gear, it was all sorts of wiggly in 3rd gear, listen closely to the video you can hear the tires roasting thru most of 3rd gear.

Enjoy

Watch video here

ticketih0.jpg

Last edited:

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
VERY nice trap speeds for both of you!!

Whats the weight of these 2 beasts?

p.s. moved to the main drag forum.....

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Nice TRAP! Although that car should be in the 10's with ease..Don't say a word SLOW 66 :D

Edit: What tires were used? Badass all the same!!!!and nice driving even though it wasn't your car.

Duane

Clifton

Apr 5, 2005
Scottsdale, Az
MT dr's 275-40/17. I pulled the trans last night and will pull it apart tonight and see what's wrong with it, won't shift fast under load. If Andy gets his back together soon (hint) maybe we can go back out before it gets too hot. It was at 30 psi.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Clifton said:
MT dr's 275-40/17. I pulled the trans last night and will pull it apart tonight and see what's wrong with it, won't shift fast under load. If Andy gets his back together soon (hint) maybe we can go back out before it gets too hot. It was at 30 psi.
i have the same problem when you find out pelase please pm me...