7M-GTE; Won't idle longer than 20 sec.

iskrem

Oct 1, 2008
Norway, Gardermoen
Sorry for late response.

I have checked both ISCV. They do tick but they do not move at all. I Talked to Toyota Norway and a new ISCV is like 1500 DOLLARS! OMFG! Anybody have a used one or something? That price is ridicilous!

Also got the car checked at Toyota. They checked the ignition timing, supposedly it was fine. Checked exhaust gasses and it is rich of unburnt fuel. So the injectors and/or plugs are broken too.

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
If you never want to see what's under the hood again, boy, do you have the wrong car! Supras require constant love and attention, with rare exceptions, (Jetjock comes to mind)... oh, and did I mention barrels of cash? gl with your idle problem. Just post in the parts wanted section for an iscv... there should be tons of them.

iskrem

Oct 1, 2008
Norway, Gardermoen
Sorry for necroing, but the problem is still the same so might aswell use it further on.

Ok. So after loads of waiting I finally managed to get another ISCV. I plugged it into the connector with my current still fitted on. The valve on the "new" ISCV moved outwards and inwards when I shut down the engine. So this ISCV works right? I swapped that one with the one I have and tried to start the engine (it is now a bit warm due to the test earlier). The problem I have is still there and it revved up to 1000 RPM and died just like before. I also tried reset ECU by plugging battery and waiting 10 minutes.

I managed to find a way to trick the whole system. I unplug ISCV and wait for it to start the bungiejump idle 1500 RPM to 2000 RPM. Then I plug in the ISCV and wait for idle to decrease to 1000 RPM and then I unplug it (if I do not it will die). Next time I start my engine it will now hold 1000 RPM constantly. Wierd stuff eh. :s

However, what can the problem be? Temperature sensor? Dashpot thingy under the intake manifold? Broken ECU?