7m-gte vs. slapping on a turbo (and all its accesories) on a 7m-ge

W3bstar

Dec 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
you dont know how much that link helped...found out the guy did the build spending around $800 in total, im now considering its totally worth the time. thanks a bunch bro

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
W3bstar;1783197 said:
you dont know how much that link helped...found out the guy did the build spending around $800 in total, im now considering its totally worth the time. thanks a bunch bro

Well you also have to keep in mind he did most of the work himself and had a shop at his disposal and i am sure he had spare parts around if needed, you might have the same but just wanted to throw that out there. But the build does look fun and a great way to learn about your car

W3bstar

Dec 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Understood but im hoping i could have as much luck as him being that most of my family's men consist of mechanics (or atleast mechanically educated) and i agree it would be fun to do and success will be a great satisfication. Cant wait at all

SRZMK3

these 7mge engines are fun to boost but you will need the necessary protection to keep from blowing head gaskets constantly, i would recommend planing the block and the head completely smooth then getting a metal head gasket from greddy, coat it in copper spray silicone, then using arp bolts to seal it on at like 80 ft lbs, then use pretty much everything 7mgte including wiring harness and ecu and everything it uses pretty much everything but the block and head, then you might be safe to boost 6 to 8 lbs in it making a very decent amount of horse power and torque because of the nature of the engine already being high compression, the car will seem to take off much faster than a normal gte from the large quantities of torque you will have, be careful with the w-58 transmission tho its kind of flimsy when you get near 300 hp with it. but yeah, best way to go in that area is to pretty much swap over everything from the turbo engine except the block and head. and i mean everything intake manifold, injectors, coil pack, cam position sensor, turbo,ecu,wiring harness,get an oil sandwich plate for the turbo lubrication.

check out the 7mge-t videos on youtube to get an idea of where youll be at its actually pretty cool what the na block can produce.

W3bstar

Dec 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
lol, i know im late to reply to this but thanks.

alot of things has happened that took me away from the supra, but now im back on it and im still considering the na-t idea.

thats some good info.