7M-GTE Start Up

Rafamk3supra90

Sep 21, 2012
SOCAL
I cant start up my supra yet, i just swapped out my old throttle body to a 91 supra throttle body but kept the 90 tps. I have brand new spark plugs and brand new battery. Starter is fine, i just havnt used it yet for around a month since ive been trying to get a hold of a new throttle body. I have plenty of gas and oil is a little old. Just let me know your ideas, thanks.

Rafamk3supra90

Sep 21, 2012
SOCAL
I can't start it, i have already tried. It cranks for the longest time but wont start, there are times when ill turn the key and it will idle at around 400 rpm for 2 seconds then it will turn off. Even when i feed it gas every once in a while she still fails me.

Rafamk3supra90

Sep 21, 2012
SOCAL
No it didnt, i had to do a great deal of work to it. She did start up but smoked hard! I think my idle is maybe set too low with this new throttle body but im not sure, i just want it to start up and hold the idle so i can figure things out.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Check for spark.
Check for fuel.
Check for stored codes.
Can jump fp and b+ in diag box and go listen at the tank for the fuel pump to be on.

Rafamk3supra90

Sep 21, 2012
SOCAL
I actually got my supra to start up a little bit ago but i had to disconnect the TPS. :( IDK if thats bad i hope not, but issue is is that the tps and throttle body were both from a 91 supra mines a 90 so the throttle body fit fine but the 91 tps didnt match up with my 90 wiring so i swapped the TPSs around. So please let me know what you guys recommend. And it has a little trouble reading the gas pedal also.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Rafamk3supra90;1899662 said:
I actually got my supra to start up a little bit ago but i had to disconnect the TPS. :( IDK if thats bad i hope not, but issue is is that the tps and throttle body were both from a 91 supra mines a 90 so the throttle body fit fine but the 91 tps didnt match up with my 90 wiring so i swapped the TPSs around. So please let me know what you guys recommend. And it has a little trouble reading the gas pedal also.

Um, I thought the 90-91 tps was the same..

Rafamk3supra90

Sep 21, 2012
SOCAL
No because when i put them in, the cable that connects to the TPS is longer and thinner so they cannot match. Im thinking about wiring up the 91 to 90 wiring from a junk yard because the whole piece is way too expensive. So I got the car up and running today kind of because if i apply gas to it it chokes out and doesnt wanna go but it idles at 1500 so just removing my foot from the clutch slowley in first causes it to move but its still not at 100! Im getting very desperate on the measures i take to fix it.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Jesus man...were trying to help you but your not ruling anything out. You can't fix a problem if you don't know what the problem is. You have to start ruling things out one by one. So you have spark, your car sometimes cranks and sometimes fires, idles, then dies? Did you check for codes? When you disconnect the TPS it runs fine? Go back and read all your posts and see if u can figure out what the hell your talking about cuz I cant

Rafamk3supra90

Sep 21, 2012
SOCAL
Yes my Supra gets spark, it turnes on now and idles at 1500 with tps on. Does not die anymore unless im in first and give it some gas. I did not check for codes because my mechanics computer only reads 95 and up cars. I havnt tried running my supra without tps because it idles at 2000 which is already murdering my gas and the old engine.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Rafamk3supra90;1899852 said:
Yes my Supra gets spark, it turnes on now and idles at 1500 with tps on. Does not die anymore unless im in first and give it some gas. I did not check for codes because my mechanics computer only reads 95 and up cars. I havnt tried running my supra without tps because it idles at 2000 which is already murdering my gas and the old engine.

Then stop running it before it gives up?

Rafamk3supra90

Sep 21, 2012
SOCAL
we just replaced the whole fuel pump and filter yet the supra still idles at 1500. I have to replace the old TPS with the new one i think but the connectors dont fit.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Use this thread. Stop making more.

You have been given advice and questions for us to help you. You dont reply to them tho....