7M-gte Removal

Hey Im pulling my engine out and I got a few questions. First off, do the driveshaft slide out when I pull the engine out with the trans? I seen some thread but just wanted to make sure. Second, do I unbolt the bolt that the two ac lines goes to the ac compressor? Thanks

RS713

Jul 18, 2012
Guam
There is also another thread that has pictures that go along with the explanation, but I can't find where I saved the link. Should be on this site though.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Trans fluid will come out if not plugged.

And if you remove the compressor with the engine and the ac system is full when you remove the line freon is going to go everywhere. And it's stinks. Leave compressor in car. Much easier. Same with ps pump and then you don't have to do anything with either of those systems.

1James

Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I unbolted my lines from the compressor and pulled out the engine with all accessories attached. I'm replacing it with a 1JZ, so I can't use the 7M compressor anyway. My A/C did not blow cold before, and nothing came out of the lines when I disconnected them.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Pull the DS out first but drain your trans or fluid will be all over the floor/ground. I always leave the AC compressor in the car, only 4 12mm bolts.