7M CPS Rebuilding info

hammerhead

Sep 10, 2005
Belize
Hi guys,
For those having trouble finding the seal for the CPS rebuild, I did my research and found a substitute that is readily available. It is a John Deere part number M76118 selling for under $3 on the Green Farm Parts website.

A National (Federal Mogul) part number substitute for the bearing needed for the CPS rebuild is 6000-2RSC3.

(Please correct me if someone can confirm this information to be wrong, I plan to be doing this rebuild with these parts soon and will be able to confirm at that point)

I work at a local parts store here in Belize, Central America, where parts availability is always an issue, so we constantly improvise with interchanging part numbers, finding substitutes, etc. I can almost always find a good quality cheap aftermarket replacement for otherwise hard to find parts.

BigKO

Nov 5, 2008
Riverside
hammerhead;2069448 said:
Hi guys,
For those having trouble finding the seal for the CPS rebuild, I did my research and found a substitute that is readily available. It is a John Deere part number M76118 selling for under $3 on the Green Farm Parts website.

A National (Federal Mogul) part number substitute for the bearing needed for the CPS rebuild is 6000-2RSC3.

(Please correct me if someone can confirm this information to be wrong, I plan to be doing this rebuild with these parts soon and will be able to confirm at that point)

I work at a local parts store here in Belize, Central America, where parts availability is always an issue, so we constantly improvise with interchanging part numbers, finding substitutes, etc. I can almost always find a good quality cheap aftermarket replacement for otherwise hard to find parts.

Good find.
When I performed my CPS rebuild, I used this kit: http://twosrus.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=66 (it's only missing the bearing?)
Beechperformance also sells this kit: http://www.driftmotion.com/BPM-202-67-p/dm2758.htm
While likely more expensive, these are probably good convenience options.