7M+5M+6M+M3.....Confused??? :-)

bombinuass

Mar 20, 2010
Dahlonega, GA
BADASS!!!! love it jens. your a real master at work here:)

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

next you got to bolt a turbo on it:) lol

Jens Lyn

Jan 30, 2007
Denmark
I will NEVER build a Turbo engine....So No....There is so many guys building turbo .......And i will never be one of those.

Perhaps boost is nice.....but a NA engine screaming for more RPM.....thats what i live for.

I tryed 600 and 800hp Mk4...fast as hell....but i just cant leave the " NA camp"....

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
I respect your "purest" approach, Jens! Very much looking forward to SPRING and the WAAAAAAILING of your defiant motor!

THANK YOU for your contribution of a TRULY unique and rewarding piece of the "M" family! Every time I see this thing and HEAR it, I get goosebumps all over!

-crisp

NAscreamer

clutch kick
Dec 23, 2011
chicago(south side)
Ok what about the tuning?The Electromotive Tec3R. How do you tune ITB's? What sensors do you use besides TPS? I also want to build a NA screamer with ITB's but I dont know how they are tuned. Im going to be reducing the stroke most likely and going to be much more ambitious with the RPM's. Not to sure though if I am going to de-stroke it or not. Im anticipating that my build will last about 5 years or so. Extensive and thorough work. Lost of custom things to be done and that means lots of money. But I know once im done it will be soooo worth it. So any wisdom and pointers would be great!!!!

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Jens Lyn;1432583 said:
It will be about 11.2 in compression!

Hello,
this is a very nice project that you've got going.
In the above quote you wrote that you will have a compression ratio of 11,2:1. But you also specify that the density of plasticine is the same as water.
A quick google search showed that plasticine has a density of 1,85 g / cm^3 which is not the same as water.
So the volume of 11 g plasticine will be 5,95 cm^3, not 11 cm^3.

If I have read something wrong somewhere, please let me know.

Would you like to post your calculations of your compression ratio?

NAscreamer;1787942 said:
Ok what about the tuning?The Electromotive Tec3R. How do you tune ITB's? What sensors do you use besides TPS? I also want to build a NA screamer with ITB's but I dont know how they are tuned. Im going to be reducing the stroke most likely and going to be much more ambitious with the RPM's. Not to sure though if I am going to de-stroke it or not. Im anticipating that my build will last about 5 years or so. Extensive and thorough work. Lost of custom things to be done and that means lots of money. But I know once im done it will be soooo worth it. So any wisdom and pointers would be great!!!!

You can use Alpha-N.
It's not as good as speed-density since the ECU won't know the density of air entering the engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

andrew_mx83

Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
haha awesome to see this running, i remember stumbling on the thread years ago

was this the one with a 5m crank?

also curious to know what broke, and i cant see any of the pics :(

PROTOTYPE

Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay, FL
NAscreamer;1787942 said:

You would use the TPS/Map blend feature. (Pretty simple setup actually) And with their setup wizard (allows for race cams/ ITB's) start up is stupid easy. (I have worked with Electromotive stuff for a bit now and love it! A Tec GT will make it's way onto my MKIII.)

Awesome build OP.