$69K Supra?

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
Silver MK3;2044749 said:
I'm pretty sure when I got into Supras about 4.5 years ago that same car was priced at 49k. They definitely raised the price, but at that price they're never going to find a buyer and I hope it stays that way honestly. I like that the car is brand new and I'd be afraid that if someone buys it they start to drive it and then we no longer have an example of what the perfect stock Supra would look like.

I do wish they had a picture of the engine bay though. I like the look of the modified, super clean and simple tucked engine bays, but there's also something to be said for a perfect stock engine bay. They can look pretty good too.
If you take Inflation into account that 49k would be about $87,998 right now. With the current asking price it could be argued it's on sale.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
atmperformance;2045046 said:
If you take Inflation into account that 49k would be about $87,998 right now. With the current asking price it could be argued it's on sale.

4.5 years for 49K to inflate to 88K? That's some serious inflation. lol

80083r;2045045 said:
Warranty starts from sale date - never sold, warranty hasn't started yet.

ah... tricky tricky... I didn't realize it had literally never been sold. Wow that is very interesting. I bet Toyota would not be too happy about that. It would no doubt develop a laundry list of mechanical issues and probably be a warranty disaster for Toyota. haha

80083r

VegaSupra;2045051 said:
It would no doubt develop a laundry list of mechanical issues and probably be a warranty disaster for Toyota. haha

Every rubber hose is probably rotted, the head gasket will blow right quick :) I can't imagine that the struts haven't leaked; the tires likely have flat spots.

And that's just of the top of my head. I wonder if it's the factory oil still in it? Or coolant? ugh. I'll bet there's some serious stale gas in it too.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
atmperformance;2045046 said:

Haha I meant it was for sale for 49k a few years ago, new that Supra probably sold for somewhere around $30k give or take a few thousand.

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
80083r;2045055 said:
Every rubber hose is probably rotted, the head gasket will blow right quick :) I can't imagine that the struts haven't leaked; the tires likely have flat spots.

And that's just of the top of my head. I wonder if it's the factory oil still in it? Or coolant? ugh. I'll bet there's some serious stale gas in it too.

Its not sitting in a hot field somewhere. It's in a controlled climate dealer showroom. More than likely turned on a few times a year. My dad's 150k mile mk3 still has most of the stock hoses. Pretty sure this car is alright.