$69K Supra?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
What I'd be most excited about with that car is the feel of all the switches and other "tactile feedback" items. My 340k chassis probably has some switches and buttons that don't exactly feel "new".

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I'm pretty sure when I got into Supras about 4.5 years ago that same car was priced at 49k. They definitely raised the price, but at that price they're never going to find a buyer and I hope it stays that way honestly. I like that the car is brand new and I'd be afraid that if someone buys it they start to drive it and then we no longer have an example of what the perfect stock Supra would look like.

I do wish they had a picture of the engine bay though. I like the look of the modified, super clean and simple tucked engine bays, but there's also something to be said for a perfect stock engine bay. They can look pretty good too.

bonylad

....beavis
Jun 1, 2014
Newport, NC
I had a similar thought. See how the MK4 guys are with a stock example of that breed? Only for it to turn out to be a 1XXX monster at the end....which isn't a bad thing mind you....but one day their will be no stockers left...

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
Personally I would be very cautious about this. With that few of miles, the car hasn't been driven regularly in any capacity. That may not be a good thing. Fluids and oils need to be circulated. Engines need to be run on at least a semi-regular basis. Mine has very low miles at 79K and even then I always make sure to start her up and take a spin around the block every few weeks so that it never sits undriven for too long.

However, for a collector that wants to keep this as a very special example of a mint condition "brand new" Supra that has defied time, somebody flush with cash could buy this up without even caring about the price tag. In fact, when you reach this level of collectibility, many interested parties will actually WANT to pay the higher price to secure the perceived value of the collectible.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sells near this price, but I would be shocked if it was from someone who wanted to build it out and drive it regularly unless they are just stupid wealthy and don't care about price. Mine is new condition as well with 79K and I will be listing mine for $17K next week.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Price have definitely gone up. There's no need to discuss what potential "problems" this might have again. I still love it though :D

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's never going to sell. It's the same car that's been for sale for a lot of money since basically it was new.

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
80083r;2045029 said:
there's an 89 turbo manual for sale at a toyota dealer in toronto that still comes with factory waranty for 50k$

unless canada warranties are totally different than us warranties (whichever comes first), there's no way it's still under factory warranty. time limit expired long ago.

but yah i dunno bout asking that much for a MK3. Sticker price on these were about 30K at the time. With inflation, that'd be about $50K in today's $$.

So they are basically trying to sell it at the inflated dollar amount or higher, but with no warranty. Very few cars can fetch that kind of collectible value.

KKZ SupraMan

Jun 2, 2013
ohio
So i have the scoop on this car it is for say a new car it has about 55 miles on it is the last mk3 the manufacturer had and this dealership purchased it for resale if purchased it would come exactly how you bought it new withvall the stickers and gift wraping lol it has also never seen rain or snow and currently sits on display in climate control building