550/lexus problems

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
After having this upgrade for a year it was working great, it has saved me alot. 1. boost controller went bad and she boosted up to boost cut and it stopped me. 2. i was on a dyno where they tried over loading my car and the boost cut saved me again(they did the same thing to a rx7 and blew up he motor).. but recently when i shift very fast into 2or3 gear it hits boost cut sometimes. I am only running 12 pounds of boost so it shouldn't be a problem. i moved the screw out farther than i have wanted to and i am still hitting boost cut. i am just looking for some answers. Do you think there could be dirt or oil on the mafs?
thanks for all the help

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
sorry i should have checked codes first but any way. i am throwing codes 51/34.. i also found out that my tps might be bad.. so i am going to check that out and see whats going on.. could it be that the comp is not reading the tps and thats why i am hitting boost cut/fuel cut?

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
in the proses of taking off the tps off i found a intake hose that had come loose.. hope this helps it

Last edited:

z287mgte

Nov 18, 2008
ohio
ok the answer was boost leak.. and the tps was off a little off and now the car ideals fine and no more problems ...i should have seen it a lot earlier....

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Do not take your car to that person again. Any tuner who pushes your engine beyond what it is capable of, is retarded. I know a guy who will ask you for every single modification you have done to the car before he touches it.