50mm HKS wastegate help

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
ALright so I'm a noob and have had my wastegate sitting in it's box for awhile, apart.... I can't remember how to put it back together :nono:

Can someone help me with? I even got a picture of all the parts, the instructions are in Jap and the pictures are useless

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
so you bought a 700$ waste gate and then took it apart and cant remember how to put it together?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Lol, Hvy, 700$?? A bit steep there dont ya think.

OP: I checked on th HKS site and the instructions are not on there so mike is right. Call them up and they will tell you in a matter of minutes how to put it back together.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
steep not really. hks advertises there new waste gate at 900 and you can get them for 700+. maybe 500 was better. either way why?

i just dont get how you can spend the money for one and then take it apart and leave it. ive never owned one but from looking at the pics i "think" i could figure it out.

from the pics to me it looks like something is missing unless its just the pics.

also if its new why take it apart and not put it back together?

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Main thing is it is new but the spring was not in it when I got it. Yeah it's expensive but I didn't pay $700 for it, a lot less actually. I did check on hks' website and found nothing but I may just call em this week.

hvyman, does it seem like something is missing? I'd hope not that's all it had when I got it. I'm still stuck on how the adjustment screw on top of the gate will actually do anything.

Thanks guys for the help thus far

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
So you bought it taken apart? I also looked on hks and didnt find anything.

I've never had a external waste gate but to me it looks like its missing something to make the valve open. But i idk for sure.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
well it does have the valve in it, it just fell down in the picture so it does have the shaft to screw the spring and such together the main issue I'm having is what order to compress the spring so it's set properly. I know someone has to have somethong haha I looked at a Tial and it's has the same parts but there's is different so it's not to accurate.

MKIII TURBO60-1

Dec 29, 2008
Ocala,Fl
lol u put the flat disk then the diaphram, next the cup then put the nut on the valve stem and tighten, then the spring goes in the cup and the cap goes on then compress it to get the bolts around the outside of the cap in and tighten and your done lol have fun

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

btw way yes its Alvin i changed my avatar, now quit playin around and boost that thing already