5-Speed Shifter Opinion

91TurboDave

Suprafile
Nov 8, 2007
Washington
Just to see who agrees with me:icon_bigg ....Who has a stock shifter, and who has not. Sorry, not for you Auto owners. BTW I shortened mine and I LOVE it-Redline MTL helps but the positive engagement feel is what I was craving over the "Slop-O-Softy" shifter AKA "Ye Olde Peg Leg". Just my 2 cents....opinions are like....just fill in yours!

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
I like the truck like gear change of the stock shifter (although mine is about an inch and a half shorter) remindes me I'm in a tank.:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've got the SupraSport short shifter. I've had it so long I dont' remember what the stock shifter felt like, but I like the short shifter.

Jo3f1sh

Noob
Jul 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
I shortened mine. I need a larger shift knob for it really. I'm driving a friend's N/A with a GTE swap and a W58. I gotta say, the stock shifter feels much better. Not near as sloppy, although i'm sure new shifter bearings would help the R154's.

91TurboDave

Suprafile
Nov 8, 2007
Washington
Jo3f1sh said:
I shortened mine. I need a larger shift knob for it really. I'm driving a friend's N/A with a GTE swap and a W58. I gotta say, the stock shifter feels much better. Not near as sloppy, although i'm sure new shifter bearings would help the R154's.

I didn't replace my shifter I just took off the long addition with the vibration rubber insert, then I turned down and re-threaded the end and threw on a carbon shifter nob. Of course new shifter bushings and Redline MTL now I love the way it shifts...short throw, positive engagement feel, just a touch of rathchet feel (race car guy, my preference) and it looks cleaner IMO.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
91TurboDave said:
just a touch of rathchet feel (race car guy, my preference)
You should try my R154 with 80w-90 when it's -20C outside.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrr....CHUNK....rrrrrrrrrr.

Haha, I love the feeling too.

I think I have a bent shift fork though. 1sn and 2nd are bitches to get in gear.