5 speed conversion Question

red91turbo

Feb 24, 2006
Houston, Texas
Can anyone tell me if the petal setups (gas and Brake) swap from the JDM to the USDM supras? Not sure if the hole alignment is the same. I have a 5 speed 91 JDM JZA70 clip on the way and I will be converting my auto to manual and need to know if they work. Then I won't have to worry about sourcing out some US petal setups.

Thanks,
Rich

eps

Mar 31, 2005
usa
I used the clutch (I think, maybe not) pedal and brake (I for sure used the JDM brake pedal) from my clip. They work but not very well.

You can only press down the brake pedal about half way because it hits the steering column.
Also, they brake and clutch pedals are about an inch from each other.

p388215_1.jpg

Last edited:

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
I've got the actual pedals, but didn't get the bracketry. Hopefully I can put the USDM pedals on the JDM brackets and make it all work.

I'm certain that the JDM pedals bend differently than the USDM ones and could definitely cause some issues there.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Damn EPS...that looks scary!!! Do you have Steel Braided Brake Lines?!? If not, I can see that steering column being an issue. And if your feet are as big as mine, I can see the Brake and Clutch pedal spacing being a pretty big problem too.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Yes you can use a US clutch pedal with a auto brake and gas pedal until you get all your pedals lol i have my brake pedal just have to pu it and install it.
also you could us the 2000 celica gts pedals i have a post on how to do this mod in the SF site search for Bad A$$ mod i think here is a picture so far with out cartpet layed in.

O and before someone bashes my mod i am the first one to put 2000 celica gts pedals in my MKIII supra lol because people like to bash how i advise i thought of a better way to deal with not having to extend the harness as far as i thought i was the only to go through the speedo hole I told a friend that did a handfull of 1jz mkiii swaps he said he never heard of it and goes on these forums and he thought i was nuts but it worked and other people do it now after seeing how it is so easy.
People have done this pedal mod to old school celicas corrolas and what not it is verry easy to do and cheap and factory looks breath taking and works great!

I used the whole celica gts gas pedal with a slight mod to it it works better then the supra pedal it haves a larger counter weight and stiffer spring on it a verry solid feel to it also if you installed the 1jz you will notice the wheel diameter on the throttle body is about 10-20 % smaller well the jdm pedal is slightly diffrent then the US one for this also.

so when you use the us pedal with the 1jz throttle body you sneeze or hit a bump and its easy to stomp your gas pedal more with the celica gts its a lot more solid and better for bumps track racing what ever a much more solid feeling.

Last edited: