4.30:1 LSD Differential: How much is it worth?

spencyg

Oct 7, 2010
Maine, USA
Hey there,

I recently discovered that my '87 N/A Auto MK3 came from the factory with an optional 4.30:1 Limited Slip rear end. I'm doing a V8 swap in the car and really don't want short gears in the rear. Is there a market for a factory limited slip with this ratio? I know I can just get different gears for it, but if somebody wants this one with the gears as they are, all ready to go, it seems like it might make more sense to sell it, and buy one with some 3.70's in it, or maybe go down the Ford 8.8 IRS differential swap route. Hard to tell at this point...just wondering whether this diff has any value, and what that value might be.

Thanks

SG

1970hd

Sep 24, 2010
Decatur Tx.
out of a local salvage yard they go for about $275 but I notice here on the forum it's about $175 cause it will cost about $100 to ship across the country so the price is a wash, you might find somone to trade, if it was a month ago I would have bought it but I just got another 3.73 to put my 4.30 gear in from an open spool, but if your interested I'll sell you my extra 3.73 gear if you want to rebuild yours with the taller gears, $50 plus shipping or make an offer

spencyg

Oct 7, 2010
Maine, USA
Hey...I'd trade straight up for a good 3.7 LSD (or even a 3.9 LSD for that matter). Both parties pay for their own shipping and call it a day. You can't find Supra parts in the Northeast, so interstate commerce is my only option (or installing a new set of gears in my existing case).

The offer is open to anybody looking for a 4.30LSD.

1970hd

Sep 24, 2010
Decatur Tx.
well hvyman here in Tx. I guess we don't have a yard full of supras so the price is higher, after you call 10 yards and only find 1 and he wants $300 what do you do? I look on here and hope for a better price