4.0 Liter 7mgte...

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I was browsing through ebay looking at Supras as I frequently do and found this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Supr...a395a4311&item=181350843153&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

The guy claims it has a "performance built 7mgte" and has a bigger displacement making it almost 4.0 Liters...

I may be wrong, but I doubt a 7m can be made even close to 4 Liters. Just thought you guys might get a chuckle out of this or prove me wrong if I am wrong.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Yea it actually doesn't look bad, the color is nice. The lack of interior pictures make me think it is most likely thrashed though.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
well, I doubt a 4.0 is possible to do without it being massively unreliable. the piston speeds are already close to the danger limit at stock stroke/rpm.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Piston speeds are fine. But it's not possible to have a 4.0 7m. Prolly misunderstood and was just bored 40 over.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
hvyman;1995742 said:
Piston speeds are fine. But it's not possible to have a 4.0 7m. Prolly misunderstood and was just bored 40 over.

This makes sense, I bet that is what happened and he just misunderstood.

That is some good photoshop work gone there....... the shadow of supra is identical comparison to the shadow of subaru and when you start thinkin the supra looks a little big camparison to other cars. Also the supra looks bit softter that it should be since the car that is infrot is sharp and the car that is behind is sharp. But good photoshop work none less. :biglaugh:

The question is why??

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
You also note that the "Toyota" emblem in the grill is spelled backward, so he inverted the image before he pasted it. The shadow was copied too, you can see the oil stain on the asphalt ends at the edge of the shadow.

edit:Just noticed that he took the supra from one of the other pictures in his ebay ad to paste into the photoshopped one.

edit2:Just an outside guess as to the why. It might to be to create another photo of a car that is not in his possession.

Here is the craigslist ad for it.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4372968444.html

He's asking $7000. And the car had 245,871 miles on it two years ago when it was last emissions tested. The emissions are due and there is no way it is going to pass as it is, and the most likely reason he is selling it now. Yeah, not sure what is up with this car. But 4.0liter it is not.

Last edited:

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I had noticed that that picture looked a little funny, but just figured he had tried to "enhance" it himself or so. Now that you point out all those details though you can tell it is definitely photoshoped.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Spelling error yet it's a whole sentence.. "Performance built 4.0 while stock is 3.0"

It's someone who just got busted and is trying to fight his way out a wet paper bag.