335i vs 7m w/62-1

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
i hate long write ups.... i pull up next to him at 60-70ish and he doesnt bite at all... so i keep cruising along then he does a hater move while i was doing 45ish, you know.... the "i'll pass him when hes not paying attention move." so i quickly put her into 3rd but by then he was a good 4 cars.... eventually i caught up to him and passed him in the middle of 4th gear. he didnt even look at me and my cousin when we stopped next to him at the light.

my mods: .40 over JE pistons, shotpeen rods, bolt ons, and maftpro (conservatively street tuned at the moment)

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
yeah, i like to refer to those type of passes as the "hater move". I mean i guess i'd be bummed too if i saw a 20+ yr old car eat up my twinturbo bimmer. I did some research on them and they got alot of torque too at low rpms.... i'd like to run a bpu 335i and see the results. But seriously rtrdpenguin, i gota get mycar dyno-tuned soon and painted...

EDIT: O yea, and i forgot to add in that i was hitting fuel cut at 6k+ rpms so i was shifting pretty early and still took him lol.

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
i see why that 335i got such a huge pull on me now. they can generate 300 lbs tq at under 2k rpm. Thats why it took me til mid 4th gear to catch him and pass him. haha i bet that guy was mad that he got ate up lol. once we were at the end of 4th gear i was probably 4-5 cars ahead of him and still pulling further.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Nice kill.I ran into a nice m5 that seemed frisky the other day while i was out making adjustments to my maftpro. Screeching the tires in front of me at the light trying to catch my attention . I had some unleaded 103 in the tank but the car wasnt ready, so i had to tucked my tail and turned off. Im glad you got to run a beemer instead :)

cause i would have lost baaaad

jdma70

eat my boost
Jul 10, 2005
NC
Fuzz420;1278616 said:
Nice kill.I ran into a nice m5 that seemed frisky the other day while i was out making adjustments to my maftpro. Screeching the tires in front of me at the light trying to catch my attention . I had some unleaded 103 in the tank but the car wasnt ready, so i had to tucked my tail and turned off. Im glad you got to run a beemer instead :)

cause i would have lost baaaad

yea man... i hate messing with the maftpro set-up.... its mindboggling. i'm gona take it to get dyno tuned next month though so igot myfingers crossed for that since it'll be my 1st dyno outing.