3270 lbs street car

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1848221 said:
For what it's worth, the MKIV crash bars are aluminum vs our steel...
I'd love to do something similar, or a Chromoly tube for the front one. May have to to make room for the radiator/fan combo by pushing things forward just a bit, as much as I hate to move weight further ahead of the axle...

dubsupra209;1848451 said:
i wonder how much of a weight difference if you got those cf doors and maybe fenders, hood, and targa (if you have a targa)
Fenders are about a 12 lb savings between the pair for CF fenders. Doors are only the skins, which honestly aren't that heavy. The guts of the door on the other hand...

CF hood will save on average about 30lbs. Moving your battery to the middle or rear of the car will do every bit as much good for the balance. ;)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Forget the CF, which is way over priced and just use fiberglass or aluminum. If you want to know how light, look at the Ferrari F40 and its magnesium, aluminum, kevlar and loads of carbon fiber. 2400 lbs. Then again, if you don't care how much it costs, or care how ugly the weave is, then go with the CF. Very very light...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You can always paint CF too, for what that's worth. If you're looking to do it on a budget though, a fiberglass hood is nearly as light for nearly 1/2 the cost. :)