3 years and counting

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
hey all. not sure i ever started a build thread, so here's what i've done in the past 3 years. :)
started with a rust free 90 supra that i scored for $600.
it wasn't running, but everything was there. since then i've been quite busy.. lol

under the hood:

rebuilt 7m. new bearings, crank, forged oversized pistons and eagle rods. titan mhg, arp's throughout
driftmotion pulley kit
azp oil feed line
aasco aluminum flywheel, act 6 puck sprung disc, princess motorsports 1 pc driveshaft, excessive trans mount, beech motor mounts
cx racing intercooler piping, k&n filter, greddy knockoff bov
stm race battery and aluminum hold down kit
60-1 ct 26
bic ddp and full 3" exhaust with apex i canister.
FID 900 cc injectors, aem 320 pump, dual feed stock rail, fuel lab afpr
injectors setup full sequential
wrx sti coil on plug setup
aluminum alternator relocation kit. partial wire tuck
stm air/oil separator

lots of polished parts :)

brakes, wheels, suspension:

stoptech drilled/slotted rotors, hp street pads, driftmotion steel lines
kyb struts, new mounts, h&r race springs
xxr 521 18x10 +25, 265-35 18's all around. muteki lightweight lug nuts

interior:

sparco steering wheel, nrg short hub, nrg carbon quick release
pioneer head unit
aem ems
aem uego
greddy profec b spec2 boost controller
greddy turbo timer
cusco rear strut bar
beech performance short shifter

i'm sure i'm missing some things, but you get the idea. here's a couple pics...

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Lol. I'm passing two years on my build now.
We have ALOT in common with our build sheets. What pistons did you put in it, and what engine management are you using?
Looks great, btw.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
i have an aem ems v1. i might make it to the dyno next week to see what she does.
i got a killer deal on some oversized forged probe pistons. they should be more than good enough for my goals.
on another note my turbo seals may be going, so i think a bigger turbo is in my future. :)
i just wanted to see what a stock sized turbo would do. i'm shooting for 500hp. my tuner already wants me to run e85 and crank her up to 30 pounds. lol

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I don't think a 60-1 ct26 would like 30 lbs or would it be doing any good that high. I also don't think a 60-1 will get you close to 500 rwhp, even with a standalone.

I'd be curious to see just how far a 60-1 would go through, you should get it clipped.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
IndigoMKII;2026974 said:
I don't think a 60-1 ct26 would like 30 lbs or would it be doing any good that high. I also don't think a 60-1 will get you close to 500 rwhp, even with a standalone.

I'd be curious to see just how far a 60-1 would go through, you should get it clipped.

I've done some research on the 60-1 CT26 since the car I bought came with one already installed. From what I understand they don't like the higher pressures due to the compressor wheel being "too large for the shaft". I've heard people pushing them to 17+ PSI but they aren't very reliable after that point.

I'm running mine at 14-15 PST and have had no issues as of yet. Pulls really hard and comes on by about 2600, full boost around 4100-4200 rpm. Haven't had the car dyno'd but I estimate right around 300 whp.

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
well, it looks like i won't get to the dyno this year. the car started blowing blue smoke and it looks like it's the turbo.
everything is good with the motor, but the turbo has a lot of in and out shaft play. :(
hoping to get it fixed asap for tuning. i'll probably change setups to something bigger in the spring.

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
I would get new tuner. If he wants to go for 30 psi he does not no about the turbo you are using and 7mgte. Your injectors are to small for 30 psi and E85 IMO. Good luck and don't let some some so called "tuner" blow up your new engine. IMO.

Sorry to hear about your turbo. I would spend the money and get a Sound Performance bolt on turbo and be done with it. IMO.

YYCSupra

Getting back in the game
Aug 4, 2014
Alberta
Nice car, looks like a lot of effort put into it.

I've been thinking of getting the beech performance short shifter kit for my car too. When you installed it did you notice any additional noise coming from the tranny area?