3" exhaust for under $250.00

KMinAF

Old Man
Sep 15, 2006
American Fork, UT
When I first bought my Supra 5 years ago I paid almost $500 to have the exhaust replaced with a "custom" 3" system. What I ended up getting was booger welds, restrictive bends, a Cherry Bomb "turbo" muffler and a "resonator" that would hit every speed bump. I replaced the Cherry Bomb with the Magna Flow a couple years ago but every time I would be under the car I would get p o'd just looking at that ugly exhaust.

Today that all changed, I ordered a 4' length of straight pipe, a "U" bend and a new cat converter from Summit racing. Total came to about $180. The welds aren't as pretty as I would like because all I have at home is a Lincoln Weld Pac wire feed welder. All things considered though I think it turned out great and what a difference in throttle response! DSCF4458.jpg

Here are some pics of the before and after.https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...sid=B59578A8362F2672!167&authkey=c8XhMr7eyTo$

Last edited:

Master_Spazez

Jun 4, 2011
SC
This is why I love living in the southeast. Go to a mom n pop style shop and they'll weld up something for less than $150!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Looks relatively clean. I imagine you'll have some noticeable drone though with no resonator. Not a big deal for a non-daily, but driving 60 miles a day in that might get old. :p

Though I spent just under triple that for my Raptor Racing set up. :love: So I guess it's all relative.

KMinAF

Old Man
Sep 15, 2006
American Fork, UT
Actually, there is no drone and the noise level at cruise is acceptable i.e. you can still hear the radio without turning it way up. The muffler was ordered from MagnaFlowExhausts.com and the part number is 13288. Three years ago it cost me $58.00. The place that did the original work was/is a mom & pop type shop that has been in business over 20 years.
Here is the link to the pics:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...sid=B59578A8362F2672!167&authkey=c8XhMr7eyTo$