3.73 LSD differential analysis (I need Pictures and data)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
I am looking for specific data on the 3.73 LSD for an engineering analysis project im working on and after searching I cant find the specific information I am looking for.

I need the number of teeth on the gears inside of the Diff or at least some good pictures so I can count them. I know its a 3.73 ratio but I need the actual number of teeth from the driving gear to the pinion gear on the whole rotating unit.

I found the bearings on the Timken site as well but I cant for the life of me find the maximum load rating or the lifetime for the bearings.

The goal of this is to calculate the change in factor of safety of my bearings and possibly in my halfshaft due to a change in HP levels. I have 3 dyno plots with 3 different loads and I want to make a quick plot of how the factor of safety and calculated lifetime changes with different loads.

CLIFFS: I just need pics of a 3.73 lsd diff thats been taken apart where i can count gear teeth.

thnx in advance

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Fluid changes and how worn the diff is would be needed in this calculation and almost impossible unless you started off with a new/rebuilt diff.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
timkin makes good berrings. as for life i have no idea in race applications, but on industrial equipment i replace my trackloader final drive berrings 3 years ago and there still going strong, even sitting for months on end. i dont have any more info on load rating but there holding out in a 7 ton+ application.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Anyone know the inner dimensions of this thing? like the diameters of these gears or the pitch radius of these gears?

Does anyone have a differential laying around they would be able to measure, If i can get one base measurement of the case or one main gear i can use the ratios and picture proportions to find the rest. Main dimension im looking for is the Pinion gear diamters at its thickest and narrowest points.