3.5 differential option?

80083r

So, I'm looking at things and trying to learn to offset my ignorance. This question may be stupid.

Is there a 3.5 ratio Diff that will bolt on to an 89 supra? I know it's not an option - but is there something else that can be put on? Or is there something that I can scavenge the gears out of to replace in my LSD?

It's an unmodded turbo - I'm not looking for top speed, just lower rpm at highway cruising.

Am I stupid to even think of this? Is there a different ratio that would work as well or better, or should I just stick with stock and burn lots of gas at 120km/h (70ish mph)

(I have searched, both the internet and the forum for info - but all I found were lots of 5+ ratio diffs for putting into 4x4 behind the r154)

Last edited:

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Are there any gears out of a Toyota truck that drop in? I've heard of something, iirc

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Janz99

Jun 6, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've contacted Jaws gear about the 3.58 gear set, and they no longer stock, or can get the gear set. I've been on the hunt for that set for awhile now without any luck. Im running a th400 and 3.73 gears right now, and its just a touch to much on the highway.

ochocinco5k

Jul 31, 2012
boston,ma
Know this may sound wierd, but does anybody have any other email contacts at Weir Performance. Cant call right now, and apparently Spence doesnt check his emails.