2jzgte swapped mk3 will crank but not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Are you really sure it is the ECU. I have never seen anyone of those 2JZ ECU go bad.

There are loads on SupraForums. Create a WTB on there, when I was looking for one, I created a WTB there and got loads of PMs.

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
MKIIISupraGuy;1782164 said:
Solid blue is going to be another capacitor. Resistors are cream colored, with the various colored bands. The cream color is the base color as to better show the different colored bands. Post a pic of it up and I will tell you what it is. If it is what I think, you can get another capacitor and solder it in

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

ya i thought resistors were cream with the bands, but this one looks EXACTLY like one, just one solid color and bigger. heres a pic:

p1782297_1.jpg

Its the top 2 that are burnt.

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
IBoughtASupra;1782167 said:
Are you really sure it is the ECU. I have never seen anyone of those 2JZ ECU go bad.

There are loads on SupraForums. Create a WTB on there, when I was looking for one, I created a WTB there and got loads of PMs.

honestly not sure, but everything is pointing to this. If its not fixable, then i will post a WTB thread there.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Get a power probe and check that you have 12V to one out of the two pins on each coil plug and injector plugs. Key should be on during this test.

I am trying to rule out a bad wiring job. You should also try a crank sensor, no spares?

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
OK the 3 little blue guys you talked about are precision resistors. They exact the required voltage needed for a particular circuit. The one in the middle is completely toast, and the other 2 look marginal. I would replace all 3 and solder in new ones. I am going to trace the schematic for you and see if I can verify what part of the engine they control.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.