2jzgte swapped mk3 will crank but not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Bethpage, New York, United States
Having a similair problem with my swap in which I have relocated the battery to the back. It will only start after I have it jumped I have noticed but I havent driven the car yet to really charge the battery. Im still staying tuned here though for a resolution. I havent tested the battery or alt yet

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
Is their a pinout diagram of the ecu somewhere? And so your saying if my A-20 pin is hooked up and still doesn't work, then connect it to pin 69 on ECU? what will this do? Just curious :D thanks

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
richie41;1777889 said:
having the same problem. how did you fix it

Still havent fixed it yet :(

so i checked the grounds and they are good. Also checked injector clips and coilpacks and they tested fine. I did however, unplug the ECU and opened it and came across two circuits that were burned. Me and my friends traced them to the Malfunction Indicator Lamp and the TRAC ECU... any ideas? It still seems like its drawing power from somewhere, and i am not getting spark...

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Well that sux. I know you said you traced down the burned circuits, but keep In mind that in integrated circuit board technology there is circuit paths that rely on feedback voltage from others. If you have anything burned on the board, then it will render any other hardware dependent on that circuit path inoperable...like the ability to send spark.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
this is true supra guy. i stumbled across this:

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/brake12.pdf

turns out the injectors are on the same curcuit as the TRAC ECU is, doesnt say anything about spark. *crosses fingers* but its all making sense... i slammed on my brakes on top of a hill which in turn, kicked my ABS/TRAC ECU on. But the other question is, why would it crap out like that? why would it burn the circuit? Bad wiring somewhere?

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if there is no power to the injectors, does'nt that kill the spark signal too ? I would say hop on ebay and get a used ecu, I just have a feeling its the ecu itself. I study electronics at school btw.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
oh and bad capacitors ?.. here ya go:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
good to know man! nope none of the capacitors were leaking, just burnt resistors. i have been looking recently and cant find an ecu on ebay :(.

SupraDuD3

Banned
Jan 1, 2009
knoxville
I need help! Trying to figure out what kind of resistor is the one that is burnt. I know most resistors have color bands that help you figure this out,but the problem is the resistor is solid light blue in color. Any ideas what it is?

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Solid blue is going to be another capacitor. Resistors are cream colored, with the various colored bands. The cream color is the base color as to better show the different colored bands. Post a pic of it up and I will tell you what it is. If it is what I think, you can get another capacitor and solder it in

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.