2JZGTE swap won't boost

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
Hello all...I've recently did an aristo 2jz swap in my 89 and have just began to "put my foot in it" but have noticed that it won't boost any more than 2-5 psi. Using starting fluid I've checked for any boost leaks and all hoses and couplers seem to be good and tight. I'm still on stock twins at stock boost also. I can hear the turbo's (or maybe turbo?) spooling and the stock bypass valve goes off in between shift. (no aftermarket one at the moment) I also have two vsv's, which I was told was for the sequential twins, that came broken when the engine arrived. Could this be the issue?? Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'm not very familiar with the 2j setup, but the VSV's that are broken are likely the culprit. Could carefully remove the vacuum lines from the wastegate actuators and carefully monitor your boost levels.

Or, best option, check the TSRM and see what it says about this. There should be a link for the MkIV TSRM in the MkIV section.

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
te72;1877933 said:
I'm not very familiar with the 2j setup, but the VSV's that are broken are likely the culprit. Could carefully remove the vacuum lines from the wastegate actuators and carefully monitor your boost levels.

Or, best option, check the TSRM and see what it says about this. There should be a link for the MkIV TSRM in the MkIV section.

Ok thanks for the info. I'll try removing the wastegate vacuum lines and see and carefully monitor the boost to see if it increases. I will also attempt to do a boost leak test and report back with my findings

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
anyone have these??...
adese8en.jpg

Last edited: