2jzgte sandwich adapter

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
Have a aristo 2jzgte on a stand that I am going with a BW s200sx single turbo, 650cc side feed drop ins, stock internals with intake and exhaust of course just the regular BPU's going I my 91 mk3 which will be my DD.

Looking for the Earls Sandwich Adapter with the built in thermostat fits the 2jzgte, have my aristo on the stand and am doing away with the factory oil cooler and adapter bracket. Driftmotion has a kit that comes with one and a large cooler with lines but they're charging $350! Don't want to pay that so im just going to fab up my own setup so I was just curious of what the part number might be or if anyone has an good expirences with any with a built in thermostat.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Just have to buy 3/4-16 kit. But you will have to build your own shoulder Bolt to mount it to the block. I used 3/4-16 all thread and drilled it out to 1/2 inch cut to the right length. Titan sells a bolt but it's 75 dollars

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
3/4-16 is the thread pitch for the block and the oil filter. SO with the mocal you will need a stude for the block for the sandwhich plate. With the dm kit you dont as he has a bolt for it.

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
ok i see. mvp has the filter stud for $55 so its a bit cheaper than titan. So i would get that and then screw into the block, then place the sandwich on, then the bolt the sandwich comes with to bolt the sandwich to block correct? Do these have a port on the side to put a oil temp switch or would i have to get a fitting for that? if i remember i came across a AN to AN fitting that had a port in the middle to screw in a temp switch, do they make these?

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
55 dollars for a 3 dollar all thread if you drill it your self.
If your going to buy it you may as well spend the money on the dm kit.
After all the 10an fittings and hose you'll almost be to the same price give or take 50

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
i like it cause its right there and I don't have to find a bolt that size and drill it. Don't know where they could fab me up one either, maybe a machine shop? Even with that bolt and the mocal at $111 with a few more bucks for the line cooler and fittings I still think its cheaper, but my next question was what can I use to plug in an oil temp switch I already have the factory oil pressure switch hooked up to my gauge inside so that port is being used. Do they make a fitting?

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Yeah the make fitting to plug into..

Netter off getting oil temp from the pan

Have you buy chance priced an hose ends? Their not cheap. Along with hose it's going to be more than a few bucks. I'm guessing you'll spend at least 100 on fittings and line if you buy the summit brand hoses and fitting.
A russel 90 degree -10 an hose e nd is like 25 dollars for 1

Just food for thought

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
yeah i guess it gets up there. but ill still price it separate and see what it comes out too. Do you know what the fitting is called or where i can find it?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
has anyone ever went to a hose shop and made the lines? i sell the fittings for 2-5$ each and the hose is a couple of bucks a foot... and low amount of labor to crimp.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It all depends where you go and who your company gets there fittings from.

But there is a huge difference in quality. Xrp vs summit no conparison. The summit fittings suck. Half of them will end up leaking.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Your talking about hydraulic fittings. As long as they have the same angle flange as an fittings they will work.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Industrial flare fittings (JIS) use an angle of 37°
AN fittings spec the same angle but it is not recommend to couple them together.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
Hvymam what line are you running.

I have been running a mix of summit line and russle line and summit fittings and some Russell fittings mix and matched all over my car. Haven't and a single problem with the summit fittings. The only thing I had a problem with was vibrant performance line. It is not compatible with e85 is split open from the inside out.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Summit Russell and fragola.

The russells is the better of the 3. It's the same as earls. Tho if prolly never buy it again. The summit Teflon hose I had to replace after about a year for the turbo feed. And I have a few -10 fittings leaking. It's more so around the heat of the engine not so much dripping but seeping. On my ps cooler up front between rad and Ic it's fine with summit fittings and Russell hose.
For the price it's great. But Next time around will be xrp crimp non swivel.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
You know maybe it'd just the power steering it don't like my ps hose is also seeping threw.

And mine is a totally different set up.
Mine has vibrant line and summit ends

Maybe I'll try go replace just the line