2jzgte injectors on 1jzgte???

chuckmuska2005

Dec 3, 2007
canton
I've heard that the 2jzgte injectors are side feed and are swapable with the
1jzgte injectors. Do they need different injector clips and would I need the 2jzgte stock fpr???

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
chuckmuska2005;1147921 said:
I've heard that the 2jzgte injectors are side feed and are swapable with the
1jzgte injectors. Do they need different injector clips and would I need the 2jzgte stock fpr???

yes the 440cc injectors from the jdm 2jz and the 550cc injectors from the usdm 2jz are swapable for the 1jz. they don't require the injector clips, the 2jz fuel rail or 2jz fuel pressure regulator. the 550s do require wiring up a resistor pack though

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
no i'm pretty sure its needed for the 550 side feed usdm 2jz injectors too. if you search there will be plenty of threads showing how to wire it up

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
86_sports_1jz;1148034 said:
yes the 440cc injectors from the jdm 2jz and the 550cc injectors from the usdm 2jz are swapable for the 1jz. they don't require the injector clips, the 2jz fuel rail or 2jz fuel pressure regulator. the 550s do require wiring up a resistor pack though

The clips are different. You will have to shave the little nubs off the side of the injectors to fit the clip.

The JDM 440s are Grey in color and High Impedance (high resistance)
The USDM 550s are Pink/Purple in color and Low Impedance (Low resistance) and require the resistor pack.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
the jdm 440s drop in, no resistor pack required

usdm 550s are low impedence and require the resistor pack, not only these, but any low impedence injector you put in, top or side feed, will require the resistor pack

tissimo beat me to it

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
tissimo;1148399 said:
The clips are different. You will have to shave the little nubs off the side of the injectors to fit the clip.

so after shaving the nubs off the injectors the stock clips should fit like stock right?

fcEric

Mar 4, 2008
Fort Worth Texas
I've been looking for a while myself and haven't found anything yet. If anyone has a walk through, post it up as I'm sure there are a few of us looking for it.

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
There are a few on SF but they are incorrect. Me and a buddy did mine per the diagram and ended up flooding the car.

Find a switched 12+ under the hood, that does to one of the wires on the resistor box.

The other 2 get pigtailed into each wire for the inj. I will try to dig up my stuff on it. If I remember correctly, you are supplying the power to them, the ecu provides the ground, so if they are hooked up incorrectly, you can flip the wires and make them work. We did this a long time ago though, so please verify.

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
So just to be clear, the stock 1jzgte fuel pressure regulator is fine for the 440's and 550's.

What is the stock fuel pressure anyway?

big yoggz

Bigzavs;1148401 said:
the jdm 440s drop in, no resistor pack required

usdm 550s are low impedence and require the resistor pack, not only these, but any low impedence injector you put in, top or side feed, will require the resistor pack

tissimo beat me to it

all correct except that you wont need the resister pack if u are running a standalone :icon_bigg

only on the stock ecu

asavill

Mar 24, 2008
Lutz
I need to know two things regarding this install: Do the purple 550's go in with the connector on top or side(side mounted appears as if the injector harness/clip will need to be extended). I bought the 2jz resistor pack from DM and am wondering how I connector the wires I run to resistor pack to the little pins sticking out?(Do I need a connector/plug off of a 2jzgte to plug into that connector? Sorry for this late response to this thread, but just now doing this install and am not extremely good at wiring. It has been hard enough just to extend my harness, myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pics would even be better. Please help.

Albert Savill
NA to 1JZGTE in process Tampa Florida