2JZGTE IN 89 supra - Coolant line question

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
Hey guys, Im making some posts trying to get this swap done with. i am putting in a Jdm 2JZ GTE in to my 89Mk3. I previously had the 7m. and my heater core was leaking, so i bypassed the heater core altogether by looping the coolant line back in to the block. I am trying to do the equivalent with the 2jz, and just want to confirm i am doing this correctly.

The main line directly behind the head, this line can be looped to go to the coolant line on the left of it (turbo side)?

Also, if anyone has a link / picture of the coolant line setup for the 2jzgte, that would be greatly appreciated too.

p1840834_1.jpg

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
That won't be interrupting with the flow if i cap the main one off? the one im trying to route it too looks like a receiver, is it not dependent on flow or is it to just catch the cycled path of coolant from the exit side of the heater core?

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
Awesome, thanks. In fact while im here, i sent my harness out to get extended / modified (won't mention names), i got it back its on the motor, but there are no clips to accommodate for these two pieces off the intake.

p1840881_1.jpg

p1840881_2.jpg

Any suggestions? I take it they are need to drive my car, as they're there for a reason.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Black is tps. Other one im pretty damn sure is traction control. Not hooked up in my car. My harness was done by pheonix tuning and came out awesome.

Last edited:

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
This is a aristo motor. on the other side of the intake was another black clip, would that be the idle control?

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
Ok i just got an email back from the people who helped with my harness, i sent them the same pictures i posted here, this is what they said

"Also, the 2 sensors that your referring to on the throttle body are not used. They are for traction control. We eliminate those connectors out of the harness since most people remove the traction control unit off the side of their throttle body for a cleaner look."

Again because this is an aristo motor, i believe the Tps is the black clip on the other side, so i guess perhaps both of those are for traction as they stated?

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
p1841147_1.jpg
Not sure bout 2 j.. but on my 1j I just cut the traction control off with a band saw.. and welded on a peice of intercooler pipe to the throttle bodylike so