2jzgte can anyone do my swap for me?

lucass

Apr 5, 2014
prince george
So I picked up a 2j a couple weeks ago, currently sitting on a stand waiting on a few more parts before I get to put it in. Any way, I have it sorted out for the most part except i'm having 2 problems.

#1 my engine was shipped with a bunch of smashed connectors. I have fixed all but one, the O2 sensor. It is the 3 wire sensor, 2 black and 1 blue. I think there is also a 4 wire one? Maybe on the obdII engine? anyway thats irrelevant. The connector on the wiring harness is broken, from what
I have read the white wire is the signal wire and it connects to the blue wire on the sensor? and the 2 blacks can connect to either the blue with black tracer and black with pink tracer?

#2 What is this? I have looked for quite some time now and all I have found is someone refer to it a a fuel pressure canister and its part of the sequential fuel injection and I need it. It doesn't even seem to be in the manuals I have. So at what point can I get rid of it? when I go single turbo or when I go stand alone?

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
1, I think i used a 89 5.0 mustang 3 wire sensor and connector\pigtail,
2 is a fuel pulsation damper, I dont know why you would eliminate it, your stock flex line will bolt right up, unless your redoing the fuel system also.

What manuals are you using?

lucass

Apr 5, 2014
prince george
Well I wanted to put the fuel filter there and go all AN fittings and yes the fuel system will be changed shortly after its in my car running.

Mostly just http://imgur.com/BhCosLZ,YvFXQAC#1 it has got me through everything so far. But it doesn't seem to have engine electrical. I also have a few ecu pinouts on my computer. Its hard to trace wires though because I cant see colours and i'm not taking the wiring harness off the engine:p

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
you can buy a new plug at any parts store.

honestly bolt it up just like "stock'. change it after you know its running that way if it isnt firing up... at least you know it isnt the fuel line :)

why put the fuel filter that far down?

lucass

Apr 5, 2014
prince george
I know i gan get plugs I'm trying to figure out what wires to connect to each other.

Thats was plan I was just curious about it, unless it was common to ditch it than its in the garbage. however, now that I have the correct name I have looked it up. It seems to be about 50/50 for people removing it or keeping it, but some people who have removed it wish the kept it. it'll stay for now but I'm going to explore aftermarket options.

Because they are ugly and I don't want to look at it haha. I refuse to work on a motor other than simple maintenance in an engine bay so it will be out several times before i'll have to change the pump:p

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If your changeing to an fitting and such why not just ditch the stock filter and put the an filter in the stock location. saves room and no one will ever see it.

Id leave the dampner for now and bolt it up like stock like already said. Once you get the car running change everything over. If your not goodf at swaps thats the best approach to insure everything is working properly and if its not its much easier to diagnose.

lucass

Apr 5, 2014
prince george
well thats what I wanted to do if I could remove the dampener, But it will stay for now. But for real, can anyone give me any insight on the the O2 sensor wiring on the engine harness side?