2jzge runs bad.

92 mk3 with 2jzge on 7mgte wiring and electronics
evo 560cc injectors and det3 piggy, 2jzge vvti coils
ebay header, s362 turbo, 3" exhaust.
BC upgraded valve springs, GTE HG and arp studs.

always runs like it has a misfire very lethargic, rough idle. i dont know how to really explain it, but on top of being lethargic when you get into boost it runs great for about 2000rpm then breaks up horribly. Im running the same tune that i was with the 7m but have minor fueling changes across the map.
Ive checked the cam timing and its on time. valve lash is all in spec, compression is between 155-170 across all cylinders. I can pull each injector plug one at a time and each one makes a big difference so it doesnt seem isolated to one cylinder.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
What kind of spark plug wires are you running? I pulled a old junk set at my local junkyard just to test the 2jzge coil upgrade and those broke up very bad under boost but no problems once I switched over to the NGK blue wires.

Also did you make your own wiring harness for the 3 2jzge coils? If so did you make sure you have each the two wires that go to each of the 3 coils are in the right spot just as the 7mgte coil pack comes? On mine I quickly glimpsed at someone else post on "how to wire up 2jzge coils" but they had those two wires switched on each coil pack and it did make a difference once it was fixed right and swapped around.