2jzge -> NA-t tuning

mk3ftMFw

Mini Toon Burnout!! FTW!!
Jan 24, 2007
Cincy
k so lets go to imaginary land and say i purchased a 2jzge, and now i wanna go NA-T.

After i run all the lines, and the fuel stuff. What do i need to do tuning wise??? Will i need a new type of ECU or anything done to the intake?

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
1. piggy back will work... safc, e-manage, maft pro, map ecu, etc.... Standalone is best but that depends on your goals.

2. No welding

3.Why not just buy a GTE.... in reality its not that much more and you will be FAR better off, by the time you make 400hp on a GE you will be in it a lot more $$$ than a bpu GTE that can do 400hp.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
boostadikt said:
3.Why not just buy a GTE.... in reality its not that much more and you will be FAR better off, by the time you make 400hp on a GE you will be in it a lot more $$$ than a bpu GTE that can do 400hp.

$630 shipped for my 2JZ-GE with harness and ECU. You can buy a turbo kit for it, complete for around $1300 and make 400whp with just a piggy back. A lot better than a GTE price per HP, use the rest of the money on injectors, JZ bellhousing, clutch, etc.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
Benifits of GTE are worth the money..... Coil on plugs, FFI, already has enough fuel to cover the power, the Head flows better, lower compression...better for a street car, the ecu is programed for forced induction and controls timing.... HUGE+

Engine, ecu, wiring, tranny= 1700$
https://www.tigerjapanese.com/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=127

Engine only= 850$ all your other misc parts will add up QUICK $$$$, tranny, ecu, turbo, the list goes on and on and you still wont have the all the benifits of the GTE
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-9...014QQitemZ330110297771QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thats just my opinion and i would never go GE, But to each man his own......

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
My GE on 10 PSI is a lot faster than my 7MGTE ever was on 22 PSI... I know boost is relative, but I wasn't running a TD04 or anything.. My oil pressure is exactly where it should be without rebuild or modification to the pump, my engine runs great, and I've already tested the reliability by an accidental boost spike to 27 PSI when my car wasn't even tuned. There is no way that I'd go back, and for the money I wouldn't go 2JZGTE. You're 100% correct tho, to each man his own.

EDIT: To answer the original post.. I wen't standalone. A lot of people have sucess on the 2jzge ECU, but I wouldn't use it because of its VERY agressive timing. I was originally planning on doing the 7MGTE ECU and MAF-T, I think that would have worked out great.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
^^^^ Yes I have seen your car, and you by no means have a basic NA-T, there is a lot of money in your car, standalone FFI etc..... if i was gonna swap i would go single on a GTE and make 500HP on a simple tune with a piggy back and call it good. That would be for a driver.

If i was building a track car that i planned on rarely driving i could go GE because the build up process would be almost the same;)

stealth

Jun 19, 2005
San Francisco
How much do you think your swap cost hottscennessy. I'm seriously considering this. One bonus it's smog legal in ca. I think. I know the 1jz is NOT.

mk3ftMFw

Mini Toon Burnout!! FTW!!
Jan 24, 2007
Cincy
yeah but buying a 7mGTE, will cost me all the head/block work. Its hard to find one with a MHG, and ready to roll. Im leaning towards the 2jzgte, now that ive looked furthur into it. My downfall is my tranny.. money is gonna be tight once i get ahold of a 2jzgte.. then i have..

- 1J bellhousing
- 1J flywheel (i believe)

... feel free to add to my list.

--> if i use my old tranny, i have to do some custom wiring wont I?