2jzge maf sensor question?

supra17

Mar 10, 2008
Palm Bay, FL
Hey guys I'm putting a 2jzge in my 89 turbo on the 7m electronics, I'm curious if the motor will run correctly with the 550cc usdm mk4 injectors and the Lexus v8 maf on an n/a setup. Thanks in advance!

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
If you are running a bigger turbo ,I will recommend you evo 560´s or else use the 440´s of off your 7mgte. I am, also doing the 2jzge NA-T swap. The Lex AFM can work out by adding the Apexi AFC
I have a Garrett GT35... but Iam short in cash to do any fuel upgrades.. so 440´s will be used along with the ct26 for a lil while.

Regarding your question of mk4 injectors
You need to modify or change the fuel rail and run a resistor pack off of a mk4 or make your own resistor pack.
the runner spacing is different as well as the mounting locations

Evo 560´s
all you need to do is buy 6 injector plugs off a eclipse or anything that fits at the junk yard. Solder in the plugs, get new ¨O¨rings and you are done.

or else just buy a 7mgte 550´s

I got a few questions for you...

What are your power goals?
What turbo are you going to be running?
Are you changing the Head gasket and pistons to Mk4 TT one´s ?

supra17

Mar 10, 2008
Palm Bay, FL
Good answers thanks for the reply, well I am too short on cash so my plan was to make it run n/a for a while but I plan to run a t-60 prolly an xspower kit. Seems to be decent by why I see on the na-t sites. I am upgrading the head studs and swapping out to a TT headgasket, but keeping the stock pistons. Hoping to be somewhere in mid to high 400s on high boost. ~20 psi? And run 10-11 on the normal. It won't be a daily as it will be fully caged and gutted to run drift events.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Umm if this is going to be N/A then no you cant use a) turbo ecu or wiring harness b) lex afm or stock turbo afm and c) use the stock injectors or else your gas and performace are going to suffer.

supra17

Mar 10, 2008
Palm Bay, FL
Well it will only be running n/a temporarily. Will the na setup work with the 7m na ecu, 7mgte harness and the na 2jz? What injectors and maf are compatible?

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
supra17;1746830 said:
Well it will only be running n/a temporarily. Will the na setup work with the 7m na ecu, 7mgte harness and the na 2jz? What injectors and maf are compatible?
The 7M-GE ECU will not work with a 7M-GTE harness as the plugs/pinouts are not the same and they operate completely different.

If you have a 2JZ-GE, then it has a top feed fuel rail that will also be compatible with 7M injectors. If you have 2JZ-GTE 550cc injectors, you would also need the fuel rail as they are side feed and will not drop into the 2JZ-GE rail. Thus, if you want to keep it simple, use 7M-GTE 440cc injectors with the 7M-GTE AFM.