2jzge fit on 2jzgte

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
V160 bellhousing is part of the transmission itself, it's non-removable. This is why wou NEVER see them for sale.

You might be able to use a GE bellhousing, and weld it on to the transmission. It would be a little expensive to do properly, but a new V160 would probably be more.

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
2JZMK2+1;883911 said:
well the 2jzgte 6speed tranny I have broke the bellhouseing .. But I can get a 2jzge tranny for coupe hundred $$ just wanted to know if the bellhouseing are interchangeable..... Like take off the GE tranny bellhouseing an an put it on a 6speed 2jzgte tranny....

thx for all you guyz help..

where can you get a 2j n/a 5 spd for $200?
how about the bell?

2JZMK2+1

Oct 17, 2007
st.croix
annoyingrob;933007 said:
V160 bellhousing is part of the transmission itself, it's non-removable. This is why wou NEVER see them for sale.

You might be able to use a GE bellhousing, and weld it on to the transmission. It would be a little expensive to do properly, but a new V160 would probably be more.

I might just try that...

dulobast25

Jul 14, 2005
San Diego
2JZMK2+1;941976 said:
I might just try that...

just use the 2jzge tranny as it is. the 2j na and 2j-t have the same bolt pattern. What year csar do you have? Make sure your speedo is compatible with whichever tranny you use as the tt and na 2j trannies may use electric speedo sensors int he tranny while the mk1-mk3 use speedo cables.

No need to do do any welding on the v160 tranny.

If you must, cut the flange off the 2jz n/a bellhousing, cut the flange off the tt tranny and weld the aluminum flange from the 2j na bell onto the v160. otherwise just use the 2j na tranny. Make sure the drivehafts are the right length.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
dulobast25;943288 said:
just use the 2jzge tranny as it is. the 2j na and 2j-t have the same bolt pattern. What year csar do you have? Make sure your speedo is compatible with whichever tranny you use as the tt and na 2j trannies may use electric speedo sensors int he tranny while the mk1-mk3 use speedo cables.

No need to do do any welding on the v160 tranny.

If you must, cut the flange off the 2jz n/a bellhousing, cut the flange off the tt tranny and weld the aluminum flange from the 2j na bell onto the v160. otherwise just use the 2j na tranny. Make sure the drivehafts are the right length.

No, he's saying his V160 is cracked.

2JZMK2+1

Oct 17, 2007
st.croix
annoyingrob;952517 said:
he's saying there's a big chunk missing from his V160 bellhousing, and wants to know if he could just put a W58 bellhousing on in its place.

you got it rite on the money......

2JZMK2+1

Oct 17, 2007
st.croix
Grimsta;954516 said:
Is all this 2JZ talk actually for an MK4 or all we all MK3 NA-T'ers here?

Its for a mk3 turbo body.......

Im going with the R-154 tranny ....

I sold my V-160 to a friend ... Too buy the R-154....
It was to much of a hassle....

trboflyr

Jan 6, 2007
Orange county, CA
What about cams?
Will both the exhuast and intake na cams fit on the tt head? I'm not worried about the cam sensors since i'm going with a standalone.
Thanks for any help

2JZMK2+1

Oct 17, 2007
st.croix
Ok final got me a complete 88 MKIII TURBO FOR $500 going to strip it for parts...Here's a picture below... It was running but i'm going 2jz cressida.... So i'm keeping full drive trans... Rear end,clutch setup/ pedals,an tranny,

Everything else is going up forsale when I get what I need from the car...

supra_bunringout.jpg

An every thing is going in this 90 CRESSIDA

cressida1.jpg

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
trboflyr;986496 said:
What about cams?
Will both the exhuast and intake na cams fit on the tt head? I'm not worried about the cam sensors since i'm going with a standalone.
Thanks for any help

2JZGE from the MKIV NA is different from the pistons up from a 2JZGTTE. The head uses a normal distributer and the exhaust cam has a gear on it for that purpose. The GTTE utilizes a different ignition timing settup entirely, much like the 7Ms. That extra gear will probably not fit. For the price of retrofitting the NA cams for the TT you could find used USDM TT stock cams and be heads and tails above the NA cams anyway.