2jzge brains

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
Glendale, Arizona, United States
:1zhelp: i have a 93' lexus 2jzge with a cut harness (dont worry i bought for dirt cheap.) and i am currently on the mission to find a harness and ecu, so my question is will a n/a supra 5spd harness and ecu work with it??

are all the knock sensors and etc the same plugs??

thanks any and all help in advance.

thanks suprakid

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
Id it is a MK3 you can use the 7m electrocnics... example 7m knock sensors temp sensors, wiring harness( you have to extend and shorten some wires) you can use the 7m ECU.
The bell housing has to be sourced from a 1jzgte 5pd.can be bought at toyota in ft worth I think for 340 dlls. You have to be aware of the tranny differences W58 and r154.

I am currently building a 2jzge and turbocharging it... so that is why I know.. also look at the 2jzge na-t threads ... tons of info there...

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
yea i know all about the 7m electronics mod, and the differences in the trannys. while this is an option im not looking at it, at this point i wanna see how/ if the supra 5spd harness and ecu will work. thanks for the input tho!!!

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
suprakidd;1761551 said:
at this point i wanna see how/ if the supra 5spd harness and ecu will work. thanks for the input tho!!!
I wouldn't call it a "mod" but rather a cheap alternative. Non-turbo is as basic as you can get. It will run fine on 7M-GE electronics and wiring. You will need to buy a bellhousing regardless of transmission because the 7M and 2JZ's have different bolt patterns as well as flywheels. What more info do you need?

suprakidd

Feb 11, 2011
guys i know i can use 7m electronics, my question is will the supra n/a 2jzge 5spd harness and ecu plug onto my 93 lexus 2jz. because thats the route i want to go for now. btw if it does come down to using 7m electronics how does the 7mge ecu handle boost?

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
I thought you originally were saying that you had a 2JZ-GE out of a 1993 Lexus and were swapping it into a MKIII Supra...because that's the point of this forum section. I've never touched a SC300 nor a MKIV Supra so I have no idea if they share the same plugs/harnesses.