2jzge block with GTE pistons and rods... bearing question...

cardelino18

Jun 17, 2015
florida
Soo I have the ge block and the gte pistons and rods... this is a budget build and im trying to stay away from the machine shop and pulling the motor out... from experience, should I just go standard size bearings? What are your thoughts on this? Im trying to push 500-600... thanks!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If your changing Pistons then the motor comes out. And at that point might as well go the whole way. Besides that the block and the crank need to be measured to get the proper size bearings. If the clearance is too small or too large then the crank or the bearings need to changed or resized.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I used STD bearings and ended up spinning #6. Maybe not because of the size I chose, but I shoulda just gone with the #s on the block/rod/crank, like the TRSM tells you to. On another build, I used .025 over and that's one's strong... I'm assuming because having the crank turned made the tolerances consistent on all rod journals (or maybe just really good luck -- 383HP).

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You need the proper oil clearance. Without taking the time to get that your wasting your time guessing.