2jz Turbo oil lines

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
Situation:
My 2jzgte VVTi is from a front sump aristo and I am converting it to a rear sump pan using the kit from drift-motion.

Problem:
The turbo oil drain lines are different than the non-VVTi ones so the stock lines won't connect to my oil pan.

View attachment 2JZ turbo outlet drain.bmp

Solution:
What I'm planning on doing is removing the stock rubber tube and using aircraft grade hose (http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/mil6000.php) to attach the hard lines coming off my turbo to the oil pan fitting.

The hose will be able to with stand the oil no problem. However, I'm a bit worried that the aircraft hose is only rated to 250°F. I don't think it should get any hotter than this as long as the hose isn't physically touching anything. I looked into redoing all the lines with braided stainless steel hoses and fittings but the cost is over $300. On the other hand I could get this airplane hose for under $20 and re-use the stock hard lines. Also I'm going to use FIPG instead of the stock gasket to seal between the oil pan and the aluminum fitting. Any advice?

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The aluminium fittings that the hoses attach to are different between front and rear sump.

Can get the front sump to work tho. at least on the 1j you can. idk about 2j.

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
Looks like you are correct sir, I attached a picture that shows the difference between the front and rear sump ones. Now Toyota calls the part a turbo oil outlet pipe in the TSRM. Now what would the part # be so I could order one in ...

Turbo oil line differences.png

oldmansupra

May 2, 2010
Canada
I called my local Toyota dealership and have ordered in a new one (gasket included) from a 1995 twin turbo supra 2jzgte. The part# is 15474-88401 for reference.