2jz swap turbo questions

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
te72;1878341 said:
Sorry I never got to you. Running stock CT12a's, the only mods I have are the cams, head porting, 3" exhaust from the turbos back, and at the moment (while it's still warm enough anyway), a Turbosmart boost controller. I would estimate anywhere between 320 and 360whp, power comes on nice and hard anywhere from 2800 and above, pulls all the way to redline.

oh sweet! for some reason i was under the impression that you had the ball bearing comp turbo? Wait im confused now haha.

anyways, im starting to collect parts for my swap, and Im a little confused on fittings. Im trying to find all the fittings i need, which i think i found here http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchan...Code=Oil-Kit-2JZGTE-9PCS&Category_Code=TRBOLF. Im not buying that kit, but shouldnt all those AN fittings have a dash in front of them? does not having one make it different?

I think im trying to find a list of all the fitting sizes and degree bends I need to go single, does anyone have such a list? haha

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
yongai27;1878519 said:
oh sweet! for some reason i was under the impression that you had the ball bearing comp turbo? Wait im confused now haha.

...shouldnt all those AN fittings have a dash in front of them? does not having one make it different?

I think im trying to find a list of all the fitting sizes and degree bends I need to go single, does anyone have such a list? haha
-I do have that turbo, it is in a box in the house at the moment. Won't be going in this body, it will be used for the widebody 87 once that is getting closer to reality.
-With or without the dash, I believe it to be the same meaning. If I were a guessing man, I would say that the number is the size of the ID on the fitting/line.
-Most people just order what will work for their particular application, since every setup is a bit different, people have different clearances, or want to route things their own way.

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
oh ok, I knew it was a the ID but I wasn't sure if the dash signified anything, thanks. I guess i'll just have to play around. Ebay has used nascar parts which has fittings usually made by aeroquip and earls etc for cheap! its gonna be sweeeet