2jz swap evap system

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
curious as to what some people did with their evap system when they did the 2jz swap, not the egr as I know the aristo comes without it. Im going to keep the system so my car doesn't smell like gas with a vented cap. my theory on how to run this would be to run a smaller Charcoal canister, since im keeping stock twins, and run a VSV connecting the charcoal canister to the intake and running the VSV on pin 74 of the 80 pin connector as this controls the purge cycle according to wilbo666 schematics.

1991 7mgte evap system

2jzgte evap system

as you can see I was just going to hook the VSV to the purge port on the 7mgte CC then route to intake manifold.anyone know any other substitutions for smaller CC? should work in theory. although having a little trouble understanding as to why the on the 2jzgte the purge port off the CC T's off too the check valve and VSV wouldn't the VSV by itself make sense to control the right amount of purge gas?

jesse_rc1991

May 29, 2012
austin
ive read about that but i wouldnt know how to get one. do they have the 3 ports on top like the usdm supra? have trouble understanding the 3rd port. one goes to the fuel tank then one goes to the throttle body when the vsv is commanded on correct? then whats the 3rd port for? and the one on the bottom to vent to atmosphere correct.