2jz sawp in a 1987 mkiii supra need help plz help me out guys

COOKS87TTOPSUPRA

Dec 15, 2010
VIRGINIA
hey guys im woirking on swapping a 2jz n/a into my 1987 toyota supra the car currently is a 7mge n/a w/ w58 transmission im wondering bout motormounts and how to bolt my mkiii w58 transmission to it i plan on putting a single turbo on the 2jz after i put it in i just want the motor in the car please someone help me out i was told i can use the auto matic bellhousing from the 2jz but then ive herd i have to use the w58 bellhousing out of a mkiv and i know i have to use a 2jz flywheel and i can use my cluthc kit from my 7mge but please guys help me out here thanks

cook

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
To be honest man, you will probably destroy that W58 with a turbo engine attached to it. The bell housing will not bolt to the 2JZ, even with the 1JZ bell housing I don't believe the W58 will hook up anyway since the bell housing has a different bolt pattern that mounts to the W58 transmission. (I believe)

As for the motor mounts, you can check out driftmotion.com or Bicperformance.com , both of which has custom made and or factory parts you can find to complete any Toyota/Lexus engine and transmission swap.

You should be able to find an R154 tranny on ebay or on used sale threads, usually about $300, depending on how nice the seller is ;)
You can use the 2JZGTE flywheel, but have to use the 7MGTE pressure plate and clutch disc.

So: 1JZ Bell Housing, 1JZ/2JZ Flywheel, 7MGTE Pressure Plate and Clutch Disc

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
I just completed this swap and the w58 dynoed in at 380rwhp very safely. You need an SC300 or MK4 N/A 5spd bellhousing. That will bolt the 7MW58 to the 2JZ motor. You will also need the longer SC300/MK4SupraNA W58 shifter fork. It is about 1" longer than the 7M shift fork. Motor mounts can be had from numerous vendors here or eBay. your choice, they are all similar is design and price. There are other things you will need but this should get your going.