2jz R154 clutch etc.

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
with a 2j swap and an R154 what kind of clutch/flywheel have people on here used i heard that a 7m clutch and MK4 N/A flywheel works has anyone on here had experience with that? also what do you do about the throw out bearing, clutch fork,slave cylinder and doe it require custon trans brackets?

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
The 1jz flywheel has the 2jz crank bolt pattern, but uses a 7m clutch. The 1jz flywheel will only work on a 1jz or 2jz with a 1jz bellhousing and a r154 with a 7m pressure plate and disk.

Last edited:

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
cool, i wasn't wrong , yeah i know the 1jz flywhell had a different bolt patteren. i was just wonderin if the clutch cover from the 7m set up would bolt to the 1jz flywheel. , which it does.

dejacky

Jun 12, 2005
"taxus"
Can't the 2jz-ge flywheel be drilled to match the bolt pattern of a 1jz-gte flywheel, so we could use 2jz-ge flywheel with 7m clutch and 1jz bellhousing + r154 trans? :naughty:

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
dejacky said:
Can't the 2jz-ge flywheel be drilled to match the bolt pattern of a 1jz-gte flywheel, so we could use 2jz-ge flywheel with 7m clutch and 1jz bellhousing + r154 trans? :naughty:

Been there done that. It will not work. The 2jzge flywheel is smaller then the 1jz flywheel. Its also thinner. Why go thru the hastle of doing all that to a flywheel that is not ment to be on a turbo tranny, when you can buy them new fairly cheap.

dejacky

Jun 12, 2005
"taxus"
soapra said:
Been there done that. It will not work. The 2jzge flywheel is smaller then the 1jz flywheel. Its also thinner. Why go thru the hastle of doing all that to a flywheel that is not ment to be on a turbo tranny, when you can buy them new fairly cheap.
Where can I find a 1jz flywheel and bellhousing for cheap? I've looked, but sellers ask very high prices and in some cases more price than the transmission itself!

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
dejacky said:
Where can I find a 1jz flywheel and bellhousing for cheap? I've looked, but sellers ask very high prices and in some cases more price than the transmission itself!

Drift Motion sells them. I got mine from Champion Toyota. I paid 300 for my R154 and 300 for my bellhousing. You have to pay before you can play, bud. This is an expensive hobby, especially when you start playing with JZ swaps. I would have never made it to where I am now if I was afraid to spend a little money to do it right.

Collin

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
got_boosted said:
You have to pay before you can play, bud. This is an expensive hobby, especially when you start playing with JZ swaps. I would have never made it to where I am now if I was afraid to spend a little money to do it right. Collin

He speaks the truth................

dejacky

Jun 12, 2005
"taxus"
got_boosted said:
Drift Motion sells them. I got mine from Champion Toyota. I paid 300 for my R154 and 300 for my bellhousing. You have to pay before you can play, bud. This is an expensive hobby, especially when you start playing with JZ swaps. I would have never made it to where I am now if I was afraid to spend a little money to do it right.

Collin
pay to play is not the same thing as overpaying. $300 for a bellhousing is overpriced IMHO.