2JZ Power Steering Pumps

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
I have seen threads that say all the jz pumps are the same internally the housings are just slightly different and they all bolt up.

My questions is are the JDM pumps identical to the USDM pumps? I dont just mean will they mount or internally the same, i mean more specifically Same pulleys, spline/hub diameter and outside diameter? I need a pulley for my 2jzge and i found a pulley thats "JDM Fitment". Is there a difference between the JDM pulley and the USDM pulley?

Kind of weird question but i have no other way to verify. Id rather not buy it and find out it doesnt fit and is useless to anyone in the country.

Thanks,
Dan

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
The only pulleys with different diameters are the hydrofan and mechanical water pump pulleys. They also differ between spline and four stud mounting.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Is the hydrofan pump the "JDM" power steering pump they are talking about? Not very familiar with the hydrofan setup.

I know the GTE waterpump is different then the GE Waterpump.

Is the power steering pump what powers the hydrofan setup?

kneedragger85

Sep 9, 2008
Boulder, CO
No, they are different water pumps where the hydrofan uses hydraulic fluid to rotate a remote fan and the mechanical water pump uses the clutch-fan combo. The are run off the serpentine belt on the water pump. Only Aristo 2JZ's , JZA70 1JZ's, and non-VVTi Chaser 1JZ's have the hydrofan. All powersteering pump pullies are unaffected.