2JZ-NA-T Swap W/7MGTE Elec.

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Well Im making the steps to go the 2J route and from what I have read seams quite straight forward. I would like some advise from those that have "been there done that" to let me know if Im on the right track with my check list & thinking. Currently Im running my 7MGTE w/o any problems. My mod list is in my sig. I have ran with the 7M for 19yrs & think its time for a change. By running the 7M Elec. I can always go back if I feel the need w/o any issues. So this is my check list on what to get &/or do.

1) 2JZ (Sc300/NA MKIV Supra non VVTI) 2JZ from aristo/GS300 requirs rear-Mid sump oil pan
2) 2JAuto Trany Bell housing (I plan on running my Built Auto trany & Alum. drive shaft)
3) Re use my RC 550 Inj that are on my 7m
4) re use my IS300 2J Coil set up that's on my 7m
5) Order motor mounts from BIC ( my A70 is an early 89)
6)continue to use stock ecu with Maft pro as my ems
7)plan to use 7m starter
8)Re use 7m oil filter relocation set up
9)I want/need A/C- so I understand that I will need to grind down power steering bracket til 3/8 thickness. swap over wire connector & fittings from 7m comp to 2J. Stock 7m Lines will fit.
10) I plan to go with a custom FFIM using stock 7m TB & TPS
11) Custom throttle cable
12) Custom PS lines made up using compression fittings
13) will run FAL or smiler Elec fan set up
14) will need to drill & tap 2J oil pan for turbo drain
15) Get oil filter sandwich adapter for oil turbo feed line & oil pressure sender. Will that be a problem with oil relo kit? Running the canton block adapter.
16) Plan to use stock 7m cps drilled slot to fit
17) Swap needed wiring connectors from 2J harness to 7m Only connectors I think will need to be swapped would be PS resv & AIC If I cant cont to use one off my 7m on the FFIM.
18) New IC to accommodate FFIM hard pipe routing

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:

pagii

Oct 11, 2010
Madison, WI
drift motion has a oil pressor sender adapter line that connects to the side of the block, they also have a ps line!
2j tps to 7m wiring will be needed, there is a write up somewhere
need to swap over connecters from the 7m waterneck to the 2jz, its located under the head. Those two lines need to be extended.

otherwise looks good! im in the middle of the process right now lol good luck!

Steve_N

Mar 31, 2005
Louisville KY
www.cardomain.com
Thanks- I will look into the Oil Pres Adapter by DM. Yea was sophomoric of me not to put the 7m sens you pointed out along with knock sens. in the above list. As for the TPS other then extending the harness I plan on using the 7m TPS along with stock TB on a custom FFIM.