2JZ NA-T into MK3

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
I know man, I looked at your numbers just yesterday and started laughing cuz of how close they where. Except I'm missing some torque. I wonder if the cams caused that?

Dok, what clutch are you using?

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks!!! I need to figure out whats going on with the couple puffs of smoke at the end of the 2nd video. You can see it coming out of the engine bay.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
jmcboost;1611203 said:
I know man, I looked at your numbers just yesterday and started laughing cuz of how close they where. Except I'm missing some torque. I wonder if the cams caused that?

Dok, what clutch are you using?

Dunno, I can get away with a little more aggressive timing with E85 too so that might be part of it. I'm running a South Bend OFE clutch, actually exceeding the tq rating but it's been holding fine even launching with slicks at the strip :)

Car looks awesome btw, makes me want to get my pink rocket painted...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey JMC, how much did this build cost you? I was thinking about doing a 2JZ-GE swap so I would have a 1JZ, a 2JZ and a 2JZ-GE in a Supra all at once but I want to know is it really cost effective?

Full rebuild with TT internals since I don't like the lowering of compression with the headgasket, cams and the stinger on the 7M electronics. How did you get aftermarket 2JZ-GE cams?

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks Ken!! I need to catch up with you soon. Everything is still running great and I'm getting ready to take the car to the track! I just rebuilt my Master Power T70 turbo myself and its working great. Also ( to IboughtaSupra) I go the cams from web cams. They are great!!

Last edited:

nightrider760

Sep 25, 2008
escondido , tijuana
I am performing the same swap, the only thing that I need to address is the temperature sensors,coolant.. CAn anyone tell me how to accomplish that? I really want the car to hit the road soon....Garret gt35,arps,cometic gasket, afc,440´s etc...