2JZ in a JZA70

Miiike

May 2, 2010
Brampton
I tried searching for this but wasn't able to come up with anything. Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering how difficult it would be to go from a stock 1JZ with R154 in a JZA70 to a 2JZ. I'm not so much considering this right now, but it would be something to think about down the road, I just don't know the major differences between the two. I assume you still have all the wiring stuff to go through, but how much different from a swap from a 7M would this be?
Thanks.

Miiike

May 2, 2010
Brampton
soapra;1687749 said:
You would need the 2jzgte and that's about it. You can run the 2jzgte with the harness and ecu from the 1jz in your JZA70. 2jz swaps in MA70 and JZA70 have been covered before.
Cool, that sounds really straightfoward then. Sorry, I wasn't able to find anything, I searched "JZA70 2JZ" and couldn't find what I was looking for.

7thousandpiecesMGTE;1687787 said:
the 1.5JZ option is another route some take, 2jz 3 liter block with the 1jz head (1jz flows slightly less cfm than the 2jz head though). Then slap on a big single, fuel mods and stand alone ems and buckle up! :D
Interesting, I'll look more into that..is there any real advantage to the 1.5JZ over the 2JZ in my case besides already having the 1JZ head? I'd think it would be easier to find a complete 2JZ motor than just the block, so is there actually a specific reason for swapping heads even with less flow from the 1JZ head?

Miiike

May 2, 2010
Brampton
dubsupra209;1688040 said:
i typed in 2jz swap info came up on 1st page good luck
I was more asking about how complicated swapping a 2JZ into my JZA70 in place of the 1JZ would be, not all the headaches you have to go through to swap it into an MA70 chassis, but I already got my answer, so thanks...

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Miiike;1688043 said:
I was more asking about how complicated swapping a 2JZ into my JZA70 in place of the 1JZ would be, not all the headaches you have to go through to swap it into an MA70 chassis, but I already got my answer, so thanks...

o ok got you...well good luck all i know is bang firewall to fit twins for 2j

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Miiike;1688039 said:
Interesting, I'll look more into that..is there any real advantage to the 1.5JZ over the 2JZ in my case besides already having the 1JZ head? I'd think it would be easier to find a complete 2JZ motor than just the block, so is there actually a specific reason for swapping heads even with less flow from the 1JZ head?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?98677-88-Supra-Project-1J

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?136498-1.5jz-swap-questions-concerns

A lot of people who have a 1jz and have gone to a single turbo setup spend alot of money on this setup, then want a little more power / displacement and swap the block to get it. The 1j head on my car had been freshened up and had BC 264 cams so it was worth keeping, and cheaper just sourcing the a good block.