2JZ-GTE swap - getting ready

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I will be purchasing a 2JZ-GTE from either Driftmotion or JDM Source here relatively soon and I need to know what shops local to Richmond VA can handle this, properly, neatly, and CORRECTLY. I am not opposed to driving to Virginia Beach if necessary, but I will need to know who would be a reliable shop capable of doing this without raping me.

I am also looking into getting the PCS auto-manual control system since I cannot drive stick and want to be able to adjust the auto settings as necessary.

http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/http://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/

Also looking into air/fuel mods and sensor upgrades as well. Pretty much everything necessary to swap in a baseline 2JZ into an '88 MKIII. All ideas welcome.

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Well, anyone following my build thread will see I finally bowed down to reason and went with a 2JZ. Now, here's what I've picked up so far...

63mm single turbo
2JZ single turbo manifold
external wastegate
SSQV BOV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^^ all NON-namebrand items... just to keep the current build on budget for now... ^^^
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apexi SAFC NEO
Zeitronix Wideband O2 with LCD display system
Walbro 400 fuel pump
AEM Truboost Controller

Now, since I've never had to tune anything before, is there a base map I can work off of until I can figure out the lean/rich mixture ratios, boost levels, and such to make this all run reliably? Or is there a particular technique to doing it that I must follow? I will be dyno-ing the car once the build is finished to see what obvious things need to be fixed right off the bat, so there is that to consider.

Thoughts?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
There is an actual swap thread with what all parts are needed. Also, send your 2j and 7m harness off to Dr Tweak in SC....I am starting a 2J swap of my own and I'm using the T70 I had on my 7M. All in, not including the cost of the motor, with a few upgraded shiny things, it is going to cost us around $3000. That is with me and a buddy doing everything except the wiring for the harness. I loved my 7M but I was just so sick and tired of tossing money at it to keep it where it was. I have never heard of a 7M owner that doesnt throw a ton of cash at their motor. Parts are getting harder to find, more expensive, and not as high of quality as they used to be. Which is yet another few reasons as to why I am swapping.