2jz gte running 1jz harness??

tysen

Jan 20, 2012
muskoka
Hello everyone. I have a 91 jza70. The 1j has started to make noise on the bottom end. I could replace it with a 2 jz short block and keep the 1jz head (1.5jz). My question is, can I use the 2jz long block with the 1jz harness?
Both engines are non vvti, and 2jz is from aristo.
I do have a standalone for tuning.
Thanks

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Most of the harness will work without too much issue. Things are in the same place for the most part. If you are using a standalone, I am assuming you are running a single turbo? If not, you'd need to add wiring for the sequential twins (or not run sequential twins). A few things may need to be extended/modified slightly, but in general I would think things should work without too much trouble.

Jeff

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you use the 1jz head everything is the same.

Using the standalone you could wire the injectors to run sequential but it's not nesseccary.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
2jz run sequential fuel injection while the 1jz is semi-sequential.

This is true, but not a reason the 2JZ wouldn't run on a 1JZ harness. It would just be running semi-sequential just like the 1JZ.

Something to be aware of when setting up the ECU for sure though. All settings would need to be for a 1JZ, tuning would need to be done for the engine it is running.

Jeff