2JZ-GE swap into Mk3

Roger UK

Jun 20, 2010
Newcastle
Hi - I'm in England and replacing my 7M-GE with a 2JZ-GE from a Mk4 Supra

So as the Mk4 uses a W58 I'm keeping my gearbox, and obtained a Mk4 Bellhousing.

It looks like N/A Clutches are the same on the Mk3 and Mk4 . . . . but I wonder if anyone can tell me if the FLYWHEEL from my 7M-GE will fit on the 2JZ-GE?

And also whether the Clutch Fork and Clutch Slave Cylinder (from my 7M-GE) will fit? They both look very similar, but different part numbers.

Hope somebody can help

(I have tried searching on here . . . but most of the info relates to the Turbo engines, which have different clutch setups . . . and usually different gearboxes)

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
The 7M and 2JZ engines have different flywheels, the JZ has more flywheel bolts so they cannot be swapped. I think the clutch forks differ slightly, I havent had them both in my hands to compare in a few years, but from what I remember they do differ.

Roger UK

Jun 20, 2010
Newcastle
That's great, thank you (finding it hard to find definitive answers!)

The problem is I'm getting a guy to do the Engine swap for me, so want to get them in and out and all bolted up in a day . . . then I can carry on and connect everything up and get it running

SO I need to get all the parts for that in advance . . . but don't really want to buy anything I don't have to.

Although I've got a Bellhousing already, and a offer of a good flywheel, I'm having trouble locating a Mk4 Clutch Fork !