2JZ-GE swap DM motor mount bracket mismatch...

MoparMarq

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Hi guys (and gals),
I got these DM motor mount brackets for a 2JZ swap into a 86.5 NA. Motor is JDM assembly from Quebec.
Plan on sticking with existing subframe, so using the square biscuit motor mounts. Only problem is, one motor mount bracket fits both sides and the other motor mount bracket doesn't fit either side in any way. So is the block
some sort of aberration? Do I need to purchase another pair of brackets to get another of the brackets that fits both sides? And, if so, how do I know it'll fit once it's in the car? Does anyone have a measurement from somewhere on the bracket to the aft face of the block where the bellhousing mounts?

FWIW, I believe engine is out of '96 Supra NA, based on dealer parts counter reference to ECU part number that came with engine. Pics referenced below are of left and right side of block.

http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/MoparMarq/library/2JZ Swap into MA70?sort=3&page=1

Thanks in advance for any help.
-Marq

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
Best thing to do is call Aaron at Driftmotion if you got them from him and and explain whats going on.
And post a pic of the mounts.

CRsupraiii

Oct 24, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hey there, just my 2¢, but on my 1J block I had to remove the stock FPR, as the BiC motor mount uses those two holes to mount on the cold side. I then simply bolted the regulator back onto the mount. I can't tell from you pics whether or not this will work, but best of luck!

- Joe

MoparMarq

Jan 6, 2008
Vancouver, WA
Sent a PM to Randy at BIC to see if he can make heads or tails of the situation. Perhaps his 2WD Toyota truck mounts will work, but maybe the angle is different at the base.